Track tips

Hi guys. Looking for some hints and tips for how to tackle Shanghai in RR. Not looking for individual setups, just any tips to get quicker.
I'm currently on a 2,05.050 but others are in the 2,03s....
Pulling my hair out!!!

I won't be able to give precise tips, because it's so related with each one's level, experience, way of driving ect.. so I'm just sharing what I usually do...
By checking alternatively my own ghost, then the best ghosts in leaderboards, I always find a way to improve progressively my paths, then my times. (In my case, I can't afford quickly grabing 2 or 3 seconds - I am already happy to get about 0.200 of progress, times being really tight)
Alternatively it happens that I check a youtube video on a real life laping (in my case, Corvette c3 1977 on Road America and Spa) there are various examples where I can grab some good stuff.

Ha ha, looks like I'm going to have to do much more work on the leaderboards then, thanks @Ross Garland.

There are some super quick guys out there and when I posted this I was low 2:05s on Shanghai. Since that post I managed to find nearly a second by checking YouTube of real racing laps, as you advised, @Vince Wheel, and even found one with Tom Coronel from WTCC giving a RaceRoom talk and drive on a version of the same circuit which did help.
Thanks for the advice guys!
Looks like I'm going to start challenging the ghosts on the leaderboards to perfect this lap!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.