Track map while driving

Just started playing this recently, excuse the simple question but how do I make the track map appear while driving? Doesn't it appear in Practice?

Drag is currently the only race against AI that is implemented...AC is in early access which means not all features and such are in the game yet...In race, drag against an AI is all that is implemented, there are special events which get you achievements, Hotlapping (which if you download the live timing and scoring app from here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/rsr-live-timing.1362/ makes it much less boring...gives you a real time leaderboard to compare your times to), and practice modes are all that is available right now....AI and multiplayer should be implemented sometime in the next 2 or 3 months.

you can hit esc while driving and there is a replay tab to watch your laps from a few different views...If you mean something like the rewind feature in Forza, no...although it has been mentioned to devs that it would be nice to have in practice down the road..Practice and Hotlap are the two main modes that are available right now...in Hotlap is you go off track you will be assessed a slow down penalty and you can have a ghost of your best lap to go against...in practice there is no ghost and no penalty for cutting corner or going off track...if you install and use the live timing app it is only available in hotlap mode.

Is there a way to start the race in Time-attack using a wheel button? I currently have to use the mouse to click 'start the race' icon but I noticed the timer already starts as soon as that screen appears, so I already loose some time, plus the fact that I still have to shift to 1st gear from N. Thanks.

Are you sure, Kristof? I just retried it and it already did start the timer. Here's a screenshot. You'll see it at almost 2 secs already. This is right after I clicked the 'start icon' with my mouse, lay it down, and press hotkey for the screenshot.
acstimer-2013-12-28_zps89ddf247.jpg

Is this a separate App? I was just referring to Time Attack of AC under Challenges, and was wondering if there's a way to start it with a button in the wheel, so that I can shift immediately to 1st at start. Wondering why there isn't a countdown. In Drag, on the other hand, the lights countdown is too long.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back