Track Map Display (Extended)

Apps Track Map Display (Extended) 4.7.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Do you mean the actual car name like "Porsche 911" or the driver of that car (so driver name?), or maybe even a car tag, like for the classes?

This would be car name based and persistent. You can only add cars from the current race though.
View attachment 669234
I mean Driver name, like ours are TV Crew and Esotic Streaming, but could be anything if there is an option to type in the name somewhere..

I mean Driver name, like ours are TV Crew and Esotic Streaming, but could be anything if there is an option to type in the name somewhere..
Current "Work in progress" build
1685914779051.png

The dropdown "Add driver" will contain all drivers in the current race (that are connected). You don't have to type the full name but can just select them.
It's persisted, so if one driver changes their name, you might want to manually delete the old entry and add the new one.

I was thinking to add a hidden-keyword. So that you could add some text like "TV Crew" and whoever has that in their name would be hidden. But I think at some point these checks would reduce performance too much, so I thought the most convenient way was the one from the screenshot.

Last edited:
How does it generate a new track map after updating DRS Zones? It keeps generating map image with old DRS Zones even if I update DRS Zones and delete the track folder in the "apps\lua\map_display\data"... Maybe I need to take a look at the create_png.py codes

How does it generate a new track map after updating DRS Zones? It keeps generating map image with old DRS Zones even if I update DRS Zones and delete the track folder in the "apps\lua\map_display\data"... Maybe I need to take a look at the create_png.py codes
Clicking on "Update" does not necessarily create a new image. If you want to force an update, change one of the settings (e.g. a color) update and then change back. That's currently the easiest solution.

The app does not expect the map to change, so it only checks if one of the parameters changed. I guess I'll add a "force" re-creation when using the "Update" button in the settings.

But deleting the folder should work. How did you update the DRS zones? So what did you change?

If you want to check the code, search for "getDrsPoints", it pretty much just loads the file "/data/drs_zones.ini", which contains the relative track distance until the related point (DETECTION/START/END)

Last edited:
But deleting the folder should work. How did you update the DRS zones? So what did you change
The track has three DRS Zones with two having wrong DRS detection points so I changed the numbers of them then saved. In game the DRS Zones are then correct but the map still generates old ones when old drs_zones.ini did not exist any more. Kind of weird... I'll try the new version app anyways. Thanks a lot

App version 4.5
CSP: 0.1.79

Hello. Now I tried to configure class colors for a multi-class race and set the color mode to class based, but the class settings tab only look like this, and throws errors in LUA app debug.

Full map:
class-colors-error.JPG

Minimap:
mini-class-colors-error.JPG

Last edited:
App version 4.5
CSP: 0.1.79

Hello. Now I tried to configure class colors for a multi-class race and set the color mode to class based, but the class settings tab only look like this, and throws errors in LUA app debug.

Full map:
View attachment 671626

Minimap:
View attachment 671647
Hi, thanks for reporting.

Seems like the icon buttons i used are not supported in your CSP, which is strange. I really thought they are supported for a longer time already but it's only in the current patreon preview of CSP. I will check and maybe build in a switch that it uses text buttons for older csp versions (not preview versions)

Last edited:
Hi, great work as always! But I encountered a problem: My MiniMap suddenly became extremely small, I didn't know what I had pressed or clicked, I couldn't find a solution for it. I wonder if you can help me out, thank you very much!

Hi, great work as always! But I encountered a problem: My MiniMap suddenly became extremely small, I didn't know what I had pressed or clicked, I couldn't find a solution for it. I wonder if you can help me out, thank you very much!
Ah, I found the issue, it was the triangle on the down-right side where the app can be rescaled lol, but anyway.
Thank you for your hard work, and I absolutely appreciate it! :)

I can't get the app to show position correctly in practice mode, I am always P1. I think for everyone else they order correctly, just my place is wrong so everyone elses is +1. The positions shown next to drivers names above their cars are correct. I'd really like to see who is faster and slower by looking at the map. Color modes and text modes are set to position, and it works correctly in race.

I can't get the app to show position correctly in practice mode, I am always P1. I think for everyone else they order correctly, just my place is wrong so everyone elses is +1. The positions shown next to drivers names above their cars are correct. I'd really like to see who is faster and slower by looking at the map. Color modes and text modes are set to position, and it works correctly in race.
I have the same issue and IIRC I didn't have it initially, maybe it's to do with CSP preview 346?

I have the same issue and IIRC I didn't have it initially, maybe it's to do with CSP preview 346?
Potentially, I think I had csp 346 before this app. There are a number of issues with 346, more annoyances, like weather changing to random every time you change tabs in cm or something, I expect theyll bey ironed out before 1.8 release.

Potentially, I think I had csp 346 before this app. There are a number of issues with 346, more annoyances, like weather changing to random every time you change tabs in cm or something, I expect theyll bey ironed out before 1.8 release.
I can currently not test it, but for the position calculation in a practice session it should simply use the best lap times of every driver. And that's unchanged info from csp.

The calculation definitely worked in the past so the only reason I could think of, is that either the session type is not correctly detected and it's using the position on track (as in a race) or something is wrong with the best lap info.

Most likely I can't do much about it, especially not this week. Maybe you could test downgrading csp to confirm that.

It could also differ between online and offline races. (Which did you have the problems in?)
Some properties were documented to not work online, but in my tests everything needed worked fine (with the previous csp preview versions).

I've tested it now locally with 0.1.80-preview346 in a weekend session with AI and for me it works correctly. If you have any more information on how to reproduce it, I'd be happy to look into it.

None of the properties that are used for the position calculation are marked as not working in online, so it should be supported (officially)

Join for example one of the Euroracers.net Nordschleife Tourist servers. The map always shows you as 1 regardless of your lap times.
Thanks for the info. I've tested it there (joined into existing sessions) and at least the laps that were completed after I joined didn't show up. Neither with 0.1.80-p346 nor with p218. So I guess both are bugged in these regards.

The app is using this field
1690880644573.png

and the value just never changes for any car (it has a different default in the 2 preview versions, but still it doesn't change, when someone has a new lap).

So maybe it only counts full laps without starting from the pits (so not Nordschleife Tourist) or there is simply a bug with that property in CSP. I currently have no other property I could use, so for now, that's just the way it is...

nords tourist is a special case track. NEYS had to make special code in Stracker for that track to make it work, so I wouldn't worry about your apps not working 100% with that track.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 218 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 35 14.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 37 14.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 67 27.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 83 33.5%