Fuel: Fixed

Alignment
Camber front: -1.10
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

Ok so my time for Interlagos was 1:13.064

Sector 1

Turn 1: Coming down the Start/Finish straight begin braking at the 100m marker down to 2nd gear. If you are going too fast you will not get a good line into turn 2. Turn in once you are in 3rd gear, let off the brake and get down to 2nd as you approach the corner.

Turn 2: Past the apex get on the gas and you should be able to get into 3rd going around the corner. You might need to let off just a little but should be able to take this one flat out.

Turn3: Flat Out. Continue down the straight.

Sector 2

Turn4: Begin braking at the 100m marker down to 2nd turn in at about 75m. Feather the gas through the corner and you should be able to get back to 3rd as you exit the turn.

Turn5: Flat Out

Turn6: Brake slightly just before the 50m mark (60-75m) taking you from 6th to 4th gear.

Turn7: Accelerating through stay in 4th, hit 5th on the exit. Throttle control is important to stay on the track here.

Turn8: Brake when you are about halfway along the curbing on the left side, taking you from 5th down to 1st gear. On the exit get up to 2nd but then let off the gas as you head into turn 9.

Turn9: Very careful with the throttle stay with the rubber and accelerate on the exit to 3rd and then 4th gear.

Turn10: Brake when the curbing starts on your right and get down to 1st gear. Accelerate slowly and you should exit in 2nd gear.

Turn11: Flat out. Should be at 5th gear for turn 12

Turn 12: Brake at around 75m halfway between the blue stuff and the 50m mark. You can make the turn in 2nd but it is better to get down to 1st so you have a good exit into S3 since it is flat out. I am in 2nd very quickly after the apex.

Sector 3

Turns 13, 14 & 15: FLAT OUT!! Follow the rubber and get close to the left wall on turn15 taking the shortest route through these corners saves a lot of time.

Notes: You are much safer to break a tad early, it seems to me like this track is all about being ready for the next corner. I have tried to push it through a lot of the turns only to end up on the curbs or on a bad line through the next turn.

Speaking of brakes, medium pressure/large has become my brake combo of choice. I find I can stop the car more easily. Why do I have trouble with small brakes? What's the benefit of them and the knack of using them?

Actually no you dont because they are small theres not as much chance of locking up less effective braking hence why I use high pressure as you get to he corner full on the brakes then as you get closer start lifting off it (only slightly will save the locking up) also saves you from scrubbing off too much speed for the corner.

I done a high 1 11 with virgin, and im missing about a second in s2 compared to ai mainly because of my inability to throttle control while hugging the apex

Regarding sector 1, You can actually take it all full pelt if you get your line right coming out of the first turn.

Nice job glight :) These track guides are just what I was looking for and are a real help. Obviously different setups and stykles change things slightly but it's a great base to start from so once again many thanks and keep it up. Looking forward to having a whole set of these from you soon :)

Amazing it was my idea to do these in the first place and bram said it wasnt going to happen, now someone else does it and everyone is happy about it.

last time I come on here im afraid, laters.

p.s bram delete my sodding account.

Actually, Bram said
Are their track guides posted already? Think we need content first before adding another sub :)

He didn't say no, he said there wasn't content to justify the sub-section in the forum.

If you guys keep this up then there is a probably a good chance of it happening... A few more guides and then it becomes viable.

Agreed James. I can understand Jason being upset (see! I told you we needed guides!) but I find it weird that he isn't just happy someone is making a start. Since I am keeping the naming organized they will be easy to find; we shouldn't have a sub until we get close to a full set (this way I will keep motivated :wink:)

It looks like I might be able to do another guide or two this weekend...

Keep em coming glight I thought Jason would be the first to muck in and help you get to the end as two point's of view on a track instead of one would be better I feel.

Great read's and useful information I have altered a few of my breaking point's and gear changes due to them which has helped me stop spinning at my usual place's :D (nearly everywhere lol)

Just one thing: turn 8 can be done in 2nd instead of 1st with a gentle control of the throttle. At least I usually do it. At the moment I made 1.10.9 with Toro Rosso in carrer mode 1st season P1, Legend AI no assists but for auto shifting.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back