Track Designing Competition

It is narrow :)
So, there is a massive superhighway, most of the track is extremely wide. You wouldn't change the final corner at Monaco would you? That's only the same width as a tennis court. So what if an LMP car gets stuck behind a GT in one tiny bit of a circuit. A unique part of the track is what I've made and it will stay, unless I see a better layout somewhere.

So, there is a massive superhighway, most of the track is extremely wide. You wouldn't change the final corner at Monaco would you? That's only the same width as a tennis court. So what if an LMP car gets stuck behind a GT in one tiny bit of a circuit. A unique part of the track is what I've made and it will stay, unless I see a better layout somewhere.
Μy mistake anyway, I first saw the green line as grass and thought it was an one-car wide aslphalt. I am tired, apologies. :)

PS: Monaco isn't for WEC :p

Μy mistake anyway, I first saw the green line as grass and thought it was an one-car wide aslphalt. I am tired, apologies. :)
You mean this green line?
bandicam 2014-08-28 23-11-42-895.jpg

Well that my good friend, is grass :p

Anyway, looks like I need to bring the flower onto my circuit. Had spotted one, need to edit it out, probably tomorrow :D
Dat flower is way too OP...

Another street track, I like :D

I'll try to remember to have a crack at one tomorrow :thumbsup:

Point still stands

No it doesn't.

The rules say that if you win you get to chose the scenario and the rules for round. Manolis won the round, he get's to choose the rules. So if he says it's too narrow, it's too narrow.

Also a word of advice, being polite rather then acting like a stubborn child would probably give you a better chance of winner, regardless of whether your track is too narrow or not ;)

Looking more closely, the sliproads are at least 3 car widths wide, so there is no problem there.

I'm amazed you picked up on a non-problem and missed the track-through-the-grass a few metres before that bit.

That bit will stay to make a fun chicane there. I'm sure Rio could spare that tiny bit of grass for a WEC event.

Another street track, I like :D

I'll try to remember to have a crack at one tomorrow :thumbsup:

No it doesn't.

The rules say that if you win you get to chose the scenario and the rules for round. Manolis won the round, he get's to choose the rules. So if he says it's too narrow, it's too narrow.

Also a word of advice, being polite rather then acting like a stubborn child would probably give you a better chance of winner, regardless of whether your track is too narrow or not ;)
I try to argue with reason, rather than act stubbornly. I give counter examples and give evidence to the contrary that can be checked and proved when I can, as I just did.

Rules state to only use existing rouds though, and buildings, or parks, or etc. shall not be DESTRUCTED :D

For "fair play" I will not add the flower to my track. It is the same width as Jimmy's flower, but I want to keep this competition fair, at least on my side. + it removes some awesome parts of the track :laugh:

I try to argue with reason, rather than act stubbornly. I give counter examples and give evidence to the contrary that can be checked and proved when I can, as I just did.

Perhaps you do. However when it's just blank text it's very easy to come across as stubborn and impolite.

After all Manolis clearly stated in his scenario that the track had to be quite wide and rather politely pointed this out to you, but instead you just chose to ignore him anyway and refused to budge from your position. To me that comes across as stubborn.

I'm not trying to antagonise here, nor insinuating that you posted with the deliberate intent to either. I'm just saying perhaps think twice before hitting reply, a little courtesy goes a long way :)

Looking more closely, the sliproads are at least 3 car widths wide, so there is no problem there.

I'm amazed you picked up on a non-problem and missed the track-through-the-grass a few metres before that bit.

That bit will stay to make a fun chicane there. I'm sure Rio could spare that tiny bit of grass for a WEC event.
I haven't looked at the previous circuits very carefully, I was planning it for tomorrow as today was difficult for me, but since I was notificated with that thing I looked at it. As I said, that road line seemed to me like grass, probably because of being too tired at that point, now that I saw clearly, it will be accepted. Any similar circumstance will be accepted in this round. But next time I get to organise a round, pushing rules to (or over) the limits won't be accepted. From my next round, if there is one, rules will be rules.

I apologise to everyone, I will have a closer look to everything tomorrow. If I do now, I will start mistakes again.

Sorry for the mistakes again.

Perhaps you do. However when it's just blank text it's very easy to come across as stubborn and impolite.

After all Manolis clearly stated in his scenario that the track had to be quite wide and rather politely pointed this out to you, but instead you just chose to ignore him anyway and refused to budge from your position. To me that comes across as stubborn.

I'm not trying to antagonise here, nor insinuating that you posted with the deliberate intent to either. I'm just saying perhaps think twice before hitting reply, a little courtesy goes a long way :)
I have a very wide track in lots of places, it says that it needs to have wide roads, but it doesn't say that they must cover 100% of the course. I have a small section of track that you won't find anywhere else that is maybe half the width of the massive straight that follows it.
I think about what I write, so please stop trying to be a life coach. I had a genuine argument as to why my track didn't need changing, so presented it.

Stop this here and lets get on with the thread.

I have a very wide track in lots of places, it says that it needs to have wide roads, but it doesn't say that they must cover 100% of the course. I have a small section of track that you won't find anywhere else that is maybe half the width of the massive straight that follows it.
I think about what I write, so please stop trying to be a life coach. I had a genuine argument as to why my track didn't need changing, so presented it.

Stop this here and lets get on with the thread.

There's a huge difference between offering one piece of advice and trying to be a life coach, plus if I was a life coach I think we'd all be screwed :roflmao:

But anyway, water under the bridge and all that.

Took a closer look:

• Jimmy, change the chicane after the 9th km mark. You don't have to redesign it, just tell me if you prefer the road left or right to the triangle.
  • Nelson, you are OK.
  • Milos, you are OK (under the latest rules at least, as you have a narrow part as well, but you can keep it)
  • Josh, your track is almost entirely 2-cars wide. Could you change it?

Took a closer look:

• Jimmy, change the chicane after the 9th km mark. You don't have to redesign it, just tell me if you prefer the road left or right to the triangle.
  • Nelson, you are OK.
  • Milos, you are OK (under the latest rules at least, as you have a narrow part as well, but you can keep it)
  • Josh, your track is almost entirely 2-cars wide. Could you change it?
Can you tell me where exactly? I want to keep this fair on my side, as I said, so I will change it

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 144 65.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 100 45.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 103 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 61 27.9%
Back