F1 2011 Track Conditions & AI

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Hi all!
Ive been playing F1 2011 for a long time now and im starting to get annoyed with several things to do with the track conditions when it rains. And I'm wondering if these issues can be resolved through editing the database or whatever.

1) Once it stops raining, the track dries out too quickly.
It can be absolutely pouring down with rain and then once the rain stops, the track is pretty much bone dry within the next 10-15 laps.

2) The AI pit for slick tyres when the track is still soaking wet.
From watching the AUS GP practice sessions when it was wet, the level of water on track was enough to require wet tyres, however in the game, if the track were like that the AI would be on slicks setting fastest laps.

3) Too much grip on a wet track.
I can lap 10 seconds slower than a dry time in torrential rain, where as in real life its sometimes up to 40 seconds slower with only a moderate amount of water on track.

If anyone has any idea of how to perhaps adjust these things then it would be much appreciated.

This is the link to the entire FP2 from australia so this will show those of you who didnt see it just how long the track stays wet even when it isnt raining in real life.

Regards,
Chris

hi chris!

1) In the databse of the game, in dynamic environment settings.
Dry time values in seconds.

2) I would like to know please xD

3) Maybe in tyreGrip.csv?? I don't know xDD

Sorry for my English, is very bad..

Regards

Hi ch00per, thanks for replying.

So for the dynamic weather settings, the dry_time values are in seconds? and they represent how quickly the track will dry out in that many seconds?

and the soak_time values are how long the track will stay wet? or how long it takes for the track to get wet?

yes, dry time in seconds. More dry time, more time takes to dry the track, but in P1,P2,P3 & Q1,Q2,Q3 the AI puts up dry tires too fast...AI in race is well.
soak time in seconds. less soak time, more fast wets track, but it happens the same with AI.
Try in dynamic environment settings, min_transition_duration (in minutes). transition to dry to wet and wet to dry.
In my races in 2 laps the track is wet. Is more realistic and more funny.
Regards xD

In the cars folder i think

Kartik,

So decreasing the wet tarmac collum will decrease the track grip when wet, however there's a lot of other 'wet' category's as well. Have you done this yourself before?

Regards

Attachments

• tyregrip.png
    tyregrip.png
    230 KB · Views: 249

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back