F1 2016 Tr 300 SR commands

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
I have an old G27 and I’d like to buy a TR300 RS.

I only have a question. With G27 I assigned button 23 on the wheel for Flashback but to return to the game I need press button 17 placed on the gear shift. And this is the only way, cannot assign another button.

So how does it work with TR 300 not having buttons on gear shift? ( Same problem with G29).

Sorry if is a dummy question but any reply is appreciated. Many tanks

I posted this in an other thread.
You can remap your buttons in the actionmap XML file in the actionmaps folder in F1 2016 for every control in game. There are many more than in control settings available. You can even remap the standard setting for your controller. Kinda annoying because it's only one file and you have to search for your wheel in it. Make a copy before and after editing. Before editing because if something goes wrong you have the original file and after because when F1 2016 gets updated it will be overwritten and you will have to do it again.

Last edited:
All supported wheels have presets that account for the number of available buttons. BTW, the T300 has more buttons than a G27 together with wheel and shifter base.

G27: 6 on wheel + 4 on shifter + HAT switch = 10 + HAT
T300: 9 on wheel + 2 on wheelbase + HAT switch = 11 + HAT

Just to be pedantic over buttons & switches ........ :D :whistling:

The G27 has an additional 7 switches on the gear stick, 6 forward gears and 1 reverse, all of which can be remapped. (Using XPadder)

In previous games of the series I used to remap them, as the paddles. were used for changing gear. For example I used to push the stick forward (3rd Gear) then back to neutral to move the brake bias forward, 4th gear was rear bias, 1st gear standard bias. 5th = request option tyres, and 6th request prime tyres

Thank-you all for your kindness.
In reality what I want to do is to assign on button 22 (on the wheel) the command that actually is on
button 17 ( on the shifter).
I tried editing XML file chancing 17 with 22, but does'nt work.
Thank you and be patient with me

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea