Toyota Prius RM

Cars Toyota Prius RM 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
NixDektara submitted a new resource:

Toyota Prius RM - Salvaging the hidden gem from classic racing game

The Prius was launched by Toyota in 1997 as the world's first mass-produced hybrid vehicle. It was also included in the PlayStation game Gran Turismo 2, but there were almost no tuning parts available in the game, and it was a slow car with no practical use at all.
View attachment 728301
However, it is known that the game's internal data contains a menu that modifies the Prius to racing specifications, a so-called "racing modification." This is...

Read more about this resource...

YES! I love projects like this, a mix of videogame history preservation and care for obscure/weird cars. I've been following the wip on Twitter and can't wait to test it!

This mod is quite unique and very like the idea!
I tried it quickly and i want to share some feedback. I want to compare this car against other fwd touring cars like VRC cars or PM3DM BTCC cars because they're in the same class at the end. So, let's start:

- sound(external and internal) is quite low, i can't hear the engine
- onboard cameras(or dashcams) are placed quite wrong compared to the driver's head
- dashboard is bit empty(maybe i'm missing a font?)

- FFB feels quite strange, feels like it's inverted. or something in geometry is inverted(steering rack maybe?)
- default setup in not good, i recommend diff power 60, diff coast 30, preload diff 95...then camber around -4 at the front and around -5 at the rear. still work to do on suspension but main things are diff and camber.

i really hope you can polish more this project, looking forward to next updates!

Last edited:
A couple changes I would recommend implementing in future updates:

• The Dashcam preset is currently too low, too far to the left and too far back to be used properly with a wheel setup. This can be fixed just by adjusting the XYZ values in the Dashcam's INI file so it's an easy implement.
  • The tyre textures are currently treaded road tyres; I recommend asking PM3DM if you can use the Super Touring Slick tyre textures he made to better fit the look of this car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back