Toyota Prius RM

Cars Toyota Prius RM 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
NixDektara submitted a new resource:

Toyota Prius RM - Salvaging the hidden gem from classic racing game

The Prius was launched by Toyota in 1997 as the world's first mass-produced hybrid vehicle. It was also included in the PlayStation game Gran Turismo 2, but there were almost no tuning parts available in the game, and it was a slow car with no practical use at all.
View attachment 728301
However, it is known that the game's internal data contains a menu that modifies the Prius to racing specifications, a so-called "racing modification." This is...

Read more about this resource...

YES! I love projects like this, a mix of videogame history preservation and care for obscure/weird cars. I've been following the wip on Twitter and can't wait to test it!

This mod is quite unique and very like the idea!
I tried it quickly and i want to share some feedback. I want to compare this car against other fwd touring cars like VRC cars or PM3DM BTCC cars because they're in the same class at the end. So, let's start:

- sound(external and internal) is quite low, i can't hear the engine
- onboard cameras(or dashcams) are placed quite wrong compared to the driver's head
- dashboard is bit empty(maybe i'm missing a font?)

- FFB feels quite strange, feels like it's inverted. or something in geometry is inverted(steering rack maybe?)
- default setup in not good, i recommend diff power 60, diff coast 30, preload diff 95...then camber around -4 at the front and around -5 at the rear. still work to do on suspension but main things are diff and camber.

i really hope you can polish more this project, looking forward to next updates!

Last edited:
A couple changes I would recommend implementing in future updates:

• The Dashcam preset is currently too low, too far to the left and too far back to be used properly with a wheel setup. This can be fixed just by adjusting the XYZ values in the Dashcam's INI file so it's an easy implement.
  • The tyre textures are currently treaded road tyres; I recommend asking PM3DM if you can use the Super Touring Slick tyre textures he made to better fit the look of this car.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Standard game content

• No 3pa registration pages