rF2 Touring Masters @ Watkins Glen - Wednesday September 28th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Wow I guess I'm a bit slow then.. With default settings in the M3 mid 1:55's. In the 6 series & Supra 156's...:frown::cool:

Trying some sets tonight and hopefully I can loose a few seconds!

juust keep practising :) and remember that it's not about your pace... it's about having fun racing with all these guys in here :) so dont sweat too much getting into pace :)

I now have a bit of training with 635 - and 60 liters of hard tires - 20 laps, and get on average 1:56.1 xx. On lap 12, I even managed 1:55.350

Ich habe jetzt ein bißchen trainiert mit 635 - harte Reifen und 60 Liter - 20 Runden und komme auf 1:56.1xx durchschnitt. In Runde 12 schaffte ich sogar 1:55.350

I have experienced some weird phenomena I cannot understand while trying to do race simulations for the WTM Wednesday event.

This happened three separate times in an off-line race at Watkins GP with 30 A. I.

Everything was working normal, just about at the 30 minute point, (it was a 45 minute race) my steering wheel would not control the car, then it would work, then it wouldn't. Both times I came back to the pits for damage repair, I wanted to carry on to see how the tire life would be at the end of the race. I came into the pits to repair the damage and went back out . This problem continued to manifest and was not limited to the steering wheel, sometimes the throttle would just stay stuck open?!?

I have never had any type of problems like this before. I have a G27 wheel. I checked to make sure the device drivers were updated. Windows says they are. My wheel did not seem to be hot to touch and an exterior fan is on as well, so I don't suspect overheating?

Anyone know what the cause is?

Edit:I did a hardware reset to computer rig. Reran race sim...43 minutes in, throttle sticks open for 3 seconds in braking zone causing me to hit tire wall. This is the forth attempt to run a 45 min race sim that ended in some controller malfunction/issue.

Good thing however, is after four attemps at a race sim to check setup I do know my tire choice for tommorrow!

I still havent seen what my times will be like on the last few laps though.

As much as it kills me to do this I have to pull out of the race and I am not happy too at all. I was SO SO looking forward to it, Had the Benz in the low 1:53's too....:rolleyes:

Work called and wants me to do an 8 hour road trip to pick up supplies for them today unfortunately. Almost said no but need my job..lol Toronto rush hours gunna suck ass, oh freakin joy!!

See ya's possibly at Targa Florio & for sure next round!:cool:

Uhh man I have no idea what happened. I lost concentration probably. Was going to turn off damage repair in the pit menu and I accidentally cut a part of the track... this never happened to me before. Fortunately I managed to quit before I caused any trouble. Arghh.. Too bad it was a good race. I had some nice battles. Once I got hit from behind that sent me right off the track before the hairpin, that's where I got my damage.
Anyways it was fun. Thanks everyone!

lololololo.... what a race.

Q: ok time.. had done 1.52.4 but 3rd place with 1.52.7 or something was ok..

R: huge huge battle raging on in the top 4 trough the whole race.. that was truly epic fight.. thanks for Toby, Gary and Seth? for the great fight, hmm epic*epic sax guy plays in the head* sadly it ended on my part when i tankslapped myself into pits doing like 150kph well ofc there was penalty for that and i got stop and go.. well went to do that and i didint think that the crew would do anything but they repaired my car after the stop and go.. so i spend a whole minute in the pits.. after that i just tryed to pound laps as fast as i could and i got one guy in front of me and almost Dave too..

great racing guys :) better luck next time for me :p see u some saturday on targa :)

Great race for me too! I want to say sorry to Peter by touching him on the brakes, as result he lost control of the car... I was to close to him and didnt brake my car early enough to avoid this..... sorry man my bad!

Really enjoyed that! some nice little battles at the back where the sane people race :p
sorry to francesco huber, i dived up the inside at the hairpin and made contact, im very sorry. =/
and Tommi i was praying for the chequered flag as you would have got me on the next lap otherwise :p

great fun and thanks RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back