rF2 Touring Masters @ Sachsenring - Wednesday March 30th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I had a decent start in the race, battled the first lap with Sergio then he hit the barrier at T1 so he was out. Can't remember which position I was in at that time but I had Adam behind me and all of a sudden my gfx-card goes banana in T13, my screen goes black for a few second and *poof* I'm back at the exact same spot I was when it crashed.
Instead now I'm right behind Roy in 10th, worked my way back up to 6th in the following corners(some spun, others where slow?). Then at the end of the same lap(3), Oscar goes all 'cop-style' on me doing a pitting-move and I end up in the pitwall spinning. Called it a day after that, mainly because of my gfx-card but the car was in pretty bad shape too(no worries Oscar!). :)

Decent qualification for me, but I only got into the Toyota just before the race. I admit, I didn't do my homework for this one.
When the race started I had a good launch off the grid, but I took extra care not to mess up in T1 and the slower section there. Unfortunately, I ended up doing a pit on Jeff :( I tried avoiding it, but you were too good on the brakes. My FOV didn't allowed me to see your taillights coming on and by the time I've realized you were slowing down, I couldn't do much to avoid spinning you out. Decided not to wait, because if I'd stopped at that section of the track, I'd make a big mess behind me. Few laps later thou, when he caught me up, I just flashed my lights and moved out of his way. Hopefully that's enough to redeem myself as I don't believe I have an excuse for that move.
Strategy-wise ... I was absolutely rubbish tonite. Didn't knew it was one 45 minute race, so I didn't payed much attention to the tire wear or fuel usage. Ended up starting with Mediums, so that's why I was a bit quicker in the first laps. By lap 12 thou, their grip was gone and I was struggling to get the front to turn. Had to pit and change them and just as usual - I forgot to turn off the Repair thingy when I pitted. 40 seconds in the pit automatically dropped me down a lap and from there on it was just a mission to bring it home.
I like the Toyota thou. Seemed like a really good car for this track. Too bad my car's driver sucked that much :D

I was able to join the race, allthough with hardly any practice at all. Realised quikly that this is a funny track to drive, and with the Sierra there was a lot of powersliding going on :tongue:
Qualified at the rear as usual, and avoided most of the events during the race. I had my friend next to me, so at some times I was not concentrated, and that resulted in several moments. Don't think I hit anyone, though.

At the end I was 7th or 8th, and really enjoyed a race in something other than the Toyota, even though this might be more of a Toyota track. Now I know what I will choose for the next season of WTM - given there will be one :)

Quali: Got 7th but couldn't put the first couple of sectors together. Apologies to chris for the incident.

Race: Made an OK start but with the lighter/better accelerating cars and Toby close by, I ended up losing a couple of places. I made them all back up in the first few laps with a nice move on Anders and picking off cars that went off. Found myself in 3rd and after Mikk went off behind me, I was able to open up a comfortable gap. Going through the fast right however, I ran a bit wide and plonked the car into the barrier on the inside. The suspension was slightly damaged and the front spoiler was gone. I carried on but now the pack was right behind me. Jay and Adgie picked me off with relative ease as I was getting used to the new feeling of the car, but I got used to it just before Anders could have a go. I managed to hold him off for a while before he got past going into the final turn, but he went off on the brakes allowing me back through. The 10 second lead I gained on him was rapidly being eaten into mainly due to my damage and he got to within 2 seconds of me on lap 20 when I got the dreaded nvlddmkm crash. The screen went black, returned to desktop and rF stopped responding. The race was fun whilst it lasted though. Congrats to the winner.

Having some serious issues with my laptop and rf lately. The fans seem to be going into overtime to keep it cool and the issue I had today keeps repeating itself. I'm pretty sure the two are related so I need to find a way of keeping my laptop cool in the future.

Thanks for racing :)

Unfortunately, I ended up doing a pit on Jeff :( I tried avoiding it, but you were too good on the brakes. My FOV didn't allowed me to see your taillights coming on and by the time I've realized you were slowing down, I couldn't do much to avoid spinning you out. Decided not to wait, because if I'd stopped at that section of the track, I'd make a big mess behind me.

Hello,
I was watching this race trough the view of Roy's car and i can say that i don't think it was you fault. Jeff was already sliding and you seemed to understeer into him.. I would call this a race incident, but i am just a spectator :tongue:

Yeh, Sorry about that Magnus. I think I just forgot that I was driving a sack of bricks momentarily so as soon as I flicked it to go side by side with you I was catching some snap oversteer and you unfortunately took the brunt of it. I waited for you but you retired anyway. For what its worth I went spinning over the very top of the downhill section about a lap later and ended my own race :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back