rF2 Touring Masters @ Estoril 1988 - Wednesday December 29th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sad to see that kind of juvenile huffy posting Toby,surely you havent even taken 2 minutes to watch the replay?,you must know the procedure for complaints by now?,report the incident and have it reviewed?.

I prefer not to file complaints from club events, considering I do not like to be the person who prevents others from having fun, and therefore being the cause for people having infractions (and therefore potentially getting them banned).

I had something strange happening during the end of the race when Paul Cullern was driving in front of me. Well on the main straight his Sierra suddenly disappeared and came up behind me in a split of second. At the same situation there was this partially damaged JPS BMW that came up crawling inside the first turn when I couldn't react fast enough anymore, so tried to pass the driver however there was a harsh impact involved damaging at least my front suspension on the left side. :frown:

Other than that it was a very nice event, like always! :)

I prefer not to file complaints from club events, considering I do not like to be the person who prevents others from having fun, and therefore being the cause for people having infractions (and therefore potentially getting them banned).

Realistically speaking though...anyone who has ever had any kind of infractions or bans at RD only need look at themselves in the mirror for the actual cause?....

Hell yes some really good battle´s tonight!!Paul and Gary pleasure to race you guys ! :) my m8 kjelle playing the role of stalker in the beginning keeping me honest :) THis track was kind to my Holden ty straight ;) awesome power in it and it sure needs it, as cornering and braking isnt a strong point .Feels really good with a victory a hard fought one as Gary was closing in the end :).

/Anders

Realistically speaking though...anyone who has ever had any kind of infractions or bans at RD only need look at themselves in the mirror for the actual cause?....
Well, Mr Lennon, I don't believe any of my infractions thus far were for poor driving when in a battle. I got one for rejoining the track in an unsafe way and collecting another car (totally accepted that it was my fault and it was a misjudgement on my behalf that I presumed, wrongly, that the person behind would see me gradually rejoining and take avoiding action), 2 for poor behaviour in a forum discussion (where I got miserably wound up about what I considered unecessary restarts), and 2 for cutting (again, deserved and is the last time I push the limits of a track to that extent).

I do wish we could have a discussion though and not resort to using insulting adjectives like "juvenile."

Quali: 21st with a PB. A long way inside the 106% marker and only 3 seconds of pole which is an improvement :)

Race: Got caught up in an incident at turn 4 but got through it unscathed but dropped to 22nd after being a lot higher. Had a steady race having battles with several cars along the way until my front tyres decided to give up. Really struggled to get around the long right handers at a good speed so became a bit of a sitting duck. At one point I was running 14th but this issue dropped me to 19th. Gained another couple of places before being knocked onto the grass at Turn 8 late on. Finished in 18th after just about crossing the line before Anders did so I wasn't lapped :)

Also could people be a bit more patient when trying to overtake. Flashing lights and sounding horns is not the way to go. If you felt you've been unfairly disadvantaged by another driver, please contact me through PM with a video of the incident.

Thanks to RD and you guys for racing :)

Oh yeah, Adam, I owe you an apology, when you ran wide and then cut back I may have come close to hitting you as I passed you with my brand new tyres, may have to check the replay. Sorry about that! :)

Q: 17th (Seems that the Rover is not my car and I can't adapt myself to Gary's drivestyle :p - Holden Power!)
R: From 17th to 7th in the first lap (I keep my line of "awesome overtakings" :p), then drop down to 11th cause of my driving style with the Rover (Arrrg... I hate that car!), and then, I lost all the motivation, I left the car parked and went :).

Greetings.

Sorry guys for my start. Maybe it sounds strange, but it was my first race ever on rFactor. I got used to Race07 series and GT Legends and waited for any countdown. So I stucked after green light and start with late reaction.

Race was very interesting and finished somewhere middle. Thank you Adam for organisation.

Also could people be a bit more patient when trying to overtake. Flashing lights and sounding horns is not the way to go. If you felt you've been unfairly disadvantaged by another driver, please contact me through PM with a video of the incident.

If thats for me Adam, it was during practice and wasn`t meant in any way to be 'Get out of my way' at all :)

Was merely a playful flash of the lights to signal some close driving raciness. Also, I beeped my horn as an acknowledgment of you making a mistake and going wide (probably because you thought i was harassing you?) lol

Either way, sorry dude.

If thats for me Adam, it was during practice and wasn`t meant in any way to be 'Get out of my way' at all :)

Was merely a playful flash of the lights to signal some close driving raciness. Also, I beeped my horn as an acknowledgment of you making a mistake and going wide (probably because you thought i was harassing you?) lol

Either way, sorry dude.

Nope, nothing to do with you, I'm not fussed if it happens during praccy. :) I was aiming it at stuff I saw during the race by a few people.

I'm not sure to what signals you're referring Adam but I found the light flashes at the beginning of the race (first laps) to be distracting. I'm not sure if that really was needed.

I'm not sure to what signals you're referring Adam but I found the light flashes at the beginning of the race (first laps) to be distracting. I'm not sure if that really was needed.

Yep, they were very distracting. Couldn't tell who it was and at one point I checked my own lights in case it was mine.

Chris: I'm sorry you felt that way. I tried to leave you room on the entry and mid-corner I saw you slipped back so decided to take my normal exit. Nonetheless, I apologise.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back