To TS PC Racer from T300RS. Upgrade?

So. I've read tthat the TS PC Racer has 140% more torque than the T300. and better cooling. Has anyone experienced both wheels, and can tell me how they compare to one another?

I upgraded from a T300 Alcantara to a TS PC Racer last week. There's not a huge difference. The motor is stronger and faster. That's the most noticiable difference. I have not found big changes in the force feedback. Maybe they are to subtle for me. Apart from that, the base is better looking and better built, with more metal and less plastic. The power adapter now is not inside the base, but outside. It's quite heavy. That's a very interesting improvement, because it prevents the base from overheating, which is a common problem with the T300. The provided rim is rubbish (I don't like F1) and I have a real rally steering wheel installed. The clamp, as well as many other elements of the set is identical to those in the T300. The fan can be heard easily too when it's working. Summarizing, the TS PC Racer is like an improved version of the T300, making it better and correcting all the weak points of the T300. Maybe the price difference should not be so high, but I understand it as a reasonable marketing strategy.

Upvote 0
I upgraded from a T300 Alcantara to a TS PC Racer last week. There's not a huge difference. The motor is stronger and faster. That's the most noticiable difference. I have not found big changes in the force feedback. Maybe they are to subtle for me. Apart from that, the base is better looking and better built, with more metal and less plastic. The power adapter now is not inside the base, but outside. It's quite heavy. That's a very interesting improvement, because it prevents the base from overheating, which is a common problem with the T300. The provided rim is rubbish (I don't like F1) and I have a real rally steering wheel installed. The clamp, as well as many other elements of the set is identical to those in the T300. The fan can be heard easily too when it's working. Summarizing, the TS PC Racer is like an improved version of the T300, making it better and correcting all the weak points of the T300. Maybe the price difference should not be so high, but I understand it as a reasonable marketing strategy.
Thanks for taking the trouble to share your thoughts: it's more or less how I'd imagined it would be. It seems to be an evolutionary development of theT300RS with a toy-looking rim.
It's relatively expensive here in Germany at the moment, and the fact that you can't buy the wheel base seperately is a bummer. I have no absolutly use for the rim, as I already have the F1, 599XXEvo, and the 28GT rims from my T300.
I think the TS PC rim looks pretty tacky altogether actually, not what you'd expect at the price point.
Ah well, maybe when it's cheaper, or is available seperately (or both), I'll spring for it.
If it was €350 - €400 without the rim I'd buy it tomorrow :cool:

Upvote 0
Thanks for taking the trouble to share your thoughts: it's more or less how I'd imagined it would be. It seems to be an evolutionary development of theT300RS with a toy-looking rim.
It's relatively expensive here in Germany at the moment, and the fact that you can't buy the wheel base seperately is a bummer. I have no absolutly use for the rim, as I already have the F1, 599XXEvo, and the 28GT rims from my T300.
I think the TS PC rim looks pretty tacky altogether actually, not what you'd expect at the price point.
Ah well, maybe when it's cheaper, or is available seperately (or both), I'll spring for it.
If it was €350 - €400 without the rim I'd buy it tomorrow :cool:
I forgot to ask: what was the reason for the upgrade? Was the T300 broken?

Upvote 0
The TS-PC rim is actually how almost all GT3 rims look, as sad as that is. But you can also have a look at the TS-XW with the Sparco rim, for PC it's literally the same, but with added XB1 compatibility. ;)

Upvote 0
The TS-PC rim is actually how almost all GT3 rims look, as sad as that is. But you can also have a look at the TS-XW with the Sparco rim, for PC it's literally the same, but with added XB1 compatibility. ;)
That's even more expensive, another € 150.00 more, and with another rim I don't need
( I already have 3 rims, see my reply above ). And with a crap pedalset I don't need either ( I have the Fanatec CS v3 )
I'm trying to avoid collecting any more TM stuff that I can't sell on: Thrustmaster kit seems to be worth jackshit when you want to sell it on: I've been trying to sell my Pro pedals and shifter with extra tuning bits ( and still with a year guarantee too ) for weeks now, without success, you can't even give it away.
Maybe I should just wait until I have a grand or so together, then I can buy the CS v 2.5 wheel base , and two rims to go with it, and be free from unsaleable TM kit :thumbsup:
And then I'll also have a full set of seemingly unsaleable TM kit gathering dust in the cellar in reserve, in case the Fanatec gear goes titsup :D

Upvote 0
That's even more expensive, another € 150.00 more, and with another rim I don't need
( I already have 3 rims, see my reply above ). And with a crap pedalset I don't need either ( I have the Fanatec CS v3 )
I'm trying to avoid collecting any more TM stuff that I can't sell on: Thrustmaster kit seems to be worth jackshit when you want to sell it on: I've been trying to sell my Pro pedals and shifter with extra tuning bits ( and still with a year guarantee too ) for weeks now, without success, you can't even give it away.
Maybe I should just wait until I have a grand or so together, then I can buy the CS v 2.5 wheel base , and two rims to go with it, and be free from unsaleable TM kit :thumbsup:
And then I'll also have a full set of seemingly unsaleable TM kit gathering dust in the cellar in reserve, in case the Fanatec gear goes titsup :D
My bad, I have a TM hoarding issue myself and would still love that Sparco rim anyways. :D
- TX base
- T300 base
- 2x T3PA pedals
- TX pedals
- TX rim
- F1 rim
- 28 Leather rim
- 599xx Alcantara rim

Upvote 0
I'm selling my TSPC racer soon for £290 in great condition, just upgraded to OSW, if you are interested message me
My wife has forbidden me to buy anything at all to do with sim hardware till my TM pro pedals and shifter are sold :cry: She's still throwing a wobbler about the GT Omega cockpit I bought in September...:D
.....Unless you'd like to do a swap? :whistling:

Upvote 0
Sorry mate but I am getting HE pedals in January so not interested in a swap
I wasn't entirely serious about the swap idea, it'd be madness anyway having TM pedals and shifter with a DD wheel. And I don't need yet another rim that I'd never use.
At the moment I've run out of money anyway ( and my wife out of patience :D ), after buying the Fanatec CS v3 pedals ( with extra damper kit for the brake pedal ), the CS SQ v 1.5 shifter, the GT Omega cockpit, a bluetooth headset, and a 599XX Evo rim, all within the last 2 months.
My plan was to offset the costs a bit by selling my TM kit, but nobody has shown the slightest interest...
I feel like a man selling pork pies at a vegetarian conference :roflmao::roflmao:
Maybe I can at least persuade her to let me buy the Fanatec handbrake, it only costs a trifling € 130.00, and I neeeeed it for Dirt Rally. Me and my first world problems, eh?

Upvote 0
I wasn't entirely serious about the swap idea, it'd be madness anyway having TM pedals and shifter with a DD wheel. And I don't need yet another rim that I'd never use.
At the moment I've run out of money anyway ( and my wife out of patience :D ), after buying the Fanatec CS v3 pedals ( with extra damper kit for the brake pedal ), the CS SQ v 1.5 shifter, the GT Omega cockpit, a bluetooth headset, and a 599XX Evo rim, all within the last 2 months.
My plan was to offset the costs a bit by selling my TM kit, but nobody has shown the slightest interest...
I feel like a man selling pork pies at a vegetarian conference :roflmao::roflmao:
Maybe I can at least persuade her to let me buy the Fanatec handbrake, it only costs a trifling € 130.00, and I neeeeed it for Dirt Rally. Me and my first world problems, eh?

Hmm Ebay sells cheaper handbrakes check them out!

Upvote 0
I think the mechanism of the dual belt on the TS PC is the same as the one on T300, so you'll get the same notchiness and you feel the teeth of the pulleys engaging with those on the belts when turning the wheel. I'm using a T300 now. I would suggest update to a CSL Elite, but you'd better try it beforehand cuz the belt in the CSL is kinda the same stuff as in the T300, I'm not sure whether Fanatec manages to get rid of the teeth engaging feel. Some reviews said the CSL is smooth compared to a T300 or TS PC. In person I tried a CSW V2 once and it's smooth, much better than the T300. BTW, the belt in the CSL aren't the same design as in the CSW V2, to save cost probably.

Upvote 0
I think the mechanism of the dual belt on the TS PC is the same as the one on T300, so you'll get the same notchiness and you feel the teeth of the pulleys engaging with those on the belts when turning the wheel. I'm using a T300 now. I would suggest update to a CSL Elite, but you'd better try it beforehand cuz the belt in the CSL is kinda the same stuff as in the T300, I'm not sure whether Fanatec manages to get rid of the teeth engaging feel. Some reviews said the CSL is smooth compared to a T300 or TS PC. In person I tried a CSW V2 once and it's smooth, much better than the T300. BTW, the belt in the CSL aren't the same design as in the CSW V2, to save cost probably.
If I upgrade to a Fanatec wheel, then I'll go for the CS v 2.5 with two rims. About €1050 altogether, but first I have to wait till my wife has calmed down again. She's still throwing a wobbler about all the other upgrades in the last two months...

Upvote 0
If I upgrade to a Fanatec wheel, then I'll go for the CS v 2.5 with two rims. About €1050 altogether, but first I have to wait till my wife has calmed down again. She's still throwing a wobbler about all the other upgrades in the last two months...
At that price, it'll be better off with an OSW or Accuforce in my opinion;) I just received a SimuCube board, together with a standard MiGe (not with high res encoder), hopefully I coud get my base ready at around 800 USD.

Upvote 0
At that price, it'll be better off with an OSW or Accuforce in my opinion;) I just received a SimuCube board, together with a standard MiGe (not with high res encoder), hopefully I coud get my base ready at around 800 USD.
I'm not sure my GT Omega Art rig would be strong enough for a DD wheel. With a normal belt drive wheel set at 100% it flexes a bit: a DD wheel would turn it inside out :D
Or I suppose I could build an 80/20 rig with a sparco racing seat to mount the DD wheel, the next €700 or so thrown into the bottomless moneypit.... I'll ask my wife what she thinks about the idea...oh wait, maybe not :cool:
Since June I'm officially retired, although I'm still running my business as a Luthier part time. The business has been very quiet lately, so it'll probably turn out that I'll just keep on running my T300RS till it breaks, and then we'll see. Especially as I can't sell my old TM pedals and shifter to recoup some of the outlay from the last few months...FML :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back