1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC To restart or not to restart...

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Galin Dimov, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Galin Dimov

Galin Dimov
    SimDrive

While we are all waiting for the MP to be released, I believe most of us spend their time hot-lapping. I was just wondering, if you make a mistake, do you hit "restart" or carry on to complete the lap even though the lap time is ruined?
    I myself hit restart most of the time but am now starting to continue regardless as once race day comes, there is no restart option :rolleyes:
    Curious to see what your approach is...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Stelios

Stelios
    Premium Member

I usually restart since the slicks are good for only 2 - 3 laps :D

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You can always turn off tyre wear.

4. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

I restart when i get pushed of track spinning in to he barriers and it will actually take me maybe 3-4 laps just to catch the last AI...so i restart but only then.Well maybe not everytime...:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I tend to restart a lot in the AI races when I get bundled off by the admittedly beta AI, but I find that restarting too often breaks the immersion and my progress is impeded too much. What I mean is when you treat it as a game rather than a simulation your performance suffers as a result. That's my experience anyway. When career mode comes in I definitely will swallow my mistakes and carry on whether my season is ruined or not, that's how I like to play racing games, flight sims or anything. I just hope that they can get the AI right by the time it goes gold.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

I tend to go back to the pits or restart the race if that's what I'm doing at the time. I'm really know how to get consistent and learn what to look for whole driving. Instead of trying to push as hard as possible each and every lap.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Galin Dimov

Galin Dimov
    SimDrive

So I guess we all use the restart option. The thing is, every time I do that. I feel like I am cheating :cautious:
    I am trying to resist the temptation right now and run the races as I would in MP:D

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Personally, I carry on but there's no right or wrong in that situation, it matters not.
    When we go multiplayer, you won't have a choice ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Galin Dimov

Galin Dimov
    SimDrive

Exactly! That's why I am trying to stop myself from doing it...the problem is, free time is way too limited :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. It depends, if I am racing AI and spin badly with no hope of catching up - then I might restart. If I lose position but, have a chance to regain - then I'll stay in it to the end. Race length affects the possible outcome in most cases too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. wait. i did 40 laps on monza with the formula car and the tires were at 90%+ i have the slider set to 1X

12. Where is everyone getting the tyre wear app from? I have the tyre temp app, but no where does it display tyre wear...?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I drive more AI races since there are good combos out there.
    Hotlapping is boring and useless due the abuse of the gearbox and other ****.
    For now i am training my race skills and constant fast times with different cars and tracks to get a good start in the MP in March!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Galin Dimov

Galin Dimov
    SimDrive

I hear you and I'm doing the same from time to time but still doing the hot lapping often as well. The thing is, if you find the quickest way around a track over a single lap, you are much more likely to be consistent but also quicker than the rest during a race. The reason is, everyone will need to ease off the right pedal. Therefore I still believe that hot lapping is very important as a practice :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Just driving on, becoming quite good in all the cars so doesn`t happen so often anymore ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

I've been focusing on one or two cars. Lots of hotlapping, but I have to many things to learn about setting up a car and how it reacts to what I change. Need to start trying to get more races in to work on my race consistency.

• Like Like x 1
  17. i guess it depends what im doing and how the race is going.. If its just a practise i never bother restarting, you cant loose. if its a hotlap, occasionally i restart, if its a race i almost never restart, unless i get shunted off track and there is little to no hope of coming back..

• Like Like x 1