Time Synchronization with RSCenter??

Warren Dawes

Premium
How many Rally Club members are having problems with Time Synchronization to the RSRBR Server.
For me, the problem started a few weeks ago, and to join a Session, I had to advance my PC Clock by approx 1 minute before the RSCenter time would synchronize. I know at least a few other OC drivers have run into the same problem.

For me, the problem seems to be getting worse, now my PC Clock is approx 3 minutes behind the RSCenter Clock.

Checking the RallyeSim Forum, I see many others having similar problems, but the Admin guys there keep telling people to go to Internet sites to set their PC clocks. I have even used the RallyeSim recommended website, "chronos.cru.fr", to set my PC Clock, and always I find that the RSCenter clock is about 2 to 3 minutes too fast.
It seems that maybe the RSCenter Server needs to be synchronized, not all of the drivers clocks???

What are others experiencing? :confused:

I'm not sure whether the time difference with the UK is exactly one hour but I have noticed that the server clock is about 3/4 minutes different from my radio clock (which I think is accurate as it's updated regularly). Also, we had a major hiccup during the last club rally and it looks like the times weren't saved on the server - good job we saved them anyway:eek:

Pete

the only time i`ve had problems with RSC changing my PC clock is if i don`t run RSC as admin (windows 7 64bit UAC turned on)

i did just notice that my PC was 3 mins fast, but even after adjusting to the correct time i can still get into the online sessions and the server time shown on the rallysim home page is just 10 secs ahead of my PC clock.

I posted more details explaining the problem on the RallyeSim Forum, and Phil66 has replied:

"I have modified the management of the time setup on the server. Tell me if that solve the problem.
The server synchronizes with a time server every 60 minutes."

I did one check this morning (my time) and it seemed ok.

Please check this out and advise if your PC clock now synchronizes with the Server.

Seems fixed here working fine again. Warren if you want to test it tomorrow with a practice run through Tuesday's stages let me know and we can meet on TeamSpeak and set it up, I should be ready to go around noon.

I'll be going over that setup tomorrow, just finished setting up Marti's new laptop after playing with it for a day and then reformatting to get rid of all the Dell bloatware, runs about 100 times faster now with a clean Win7 Ultimate install. BTW the 3D is amazing, have to give it a go with RBR they say it works well with it.

Cheers Al

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back