Thursday 13th August 2009 - Rally Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't allowed to join the server, I kept getting a message that I wasn't allowed.

Maybe the reason is because my RSCentre username is wad53 and I put WAD53 in the forum sign-up.
Does Andrew have to notify participants prior to the event, and therefore my error in quoting capitals in the forum has excluded me???

Bummer, I was really looking forward to this too.

• Andrew Evans

warren - i think that's something to do with your username and password... they're both case sensitive and details entered into rscenter need to match exactly with what you specified when you set up your id... same goes for the rd password (all lowercase)...

try again now, maybe - you'll have missed the first stage or two - but at least you'll know if it works....

(the usernames etc in the sign up are only used by my stage times reading application)

I went back and changed my username in the main RSCentre to WAD53 and it now works.

But I have missed the first few stages, so maybe I should see if I can join the US session tomorrow

I ended up joining Peter and Cam to keep them company after changing my Username. It all seemed to work fine eventually, and Peter, Cam and I had some fun on this very slippery Rally. A real challenge to survive.

Unfortunately, I missed the first three stages with my log in problems, any chance I can run them with the US Session?
If not, no biggie, I mainly wanted to learn how to get on-line.

Well, that was AWFUL...

...and I loved it!!!

My first online experience and I am craving more. Thanks Andrew, a great event indeed. I have learned so much so quickly, probably the biggest lesson being what the Monte Carlo md actually is! Imagine my surprise as I jump into a corner to find ice covering the braking zone, after practicing without the mod being applied!

Thanks again Andrew, Warren for talking me into getting RBR sorted out again, and Peter for helping out.

• Andrew Evans

nice work gents... glad you had a good one... am gagging for our session this evening....

warren, unf you can only join one session - and since the results are automated, it'll just take all your times from the earliest session you ran... so just write this off as an intro run and you'll be all set for the next :wink:

• Bert Van Waes

BTW Thanks Bert for the bit of setup assistance. Since I'm new to the rallyesim scene, the setup options for a rally car are a bit scary. I almost don''t wanna touch for fear of making the thing undrivable! So any info on some setup tips for this mod will be appreciated.

No problem mate!

A really good tip i can give is that the brakes are a bit too hard (too much pressure) and a bit too much to the rear (the balance) on almost every car in the mod. On these tarmac stages you really want to stop in time without the back trying to pass you. So around 69 - 31 is good for most. Pressure around 8300 for the 69 in front. and for the 31 rear balance just adjust the slider until it's 31 at the back. It should be somewhere around the early 3000 i guess.
By changing this you don't change that much. And it's easy to test out too.

The other things are a hassle for me too, but Andrew gave me a tip about suspension a time ago
(he didnt really knew too but it helped the car to handle better:))
It was about softening the suspension part up with one click to the left on dampers and all. But not lowering the car. I think it was for the bumpy Ireland run... That was tarmac with sharp bumps. The car suddenly could handle the bumps, but that was with FWD, 4WD is a different story, i tried and the car understeers more...

In the mean time is the proper setup for the stage also installed by default as the tyres are?

Once you adjust a setup and try to race it on test days (whatever you call yr practice ),
it asks if you want to save it, you have 3 savelogs for yr car. Give it a name and save.
When the event is there and you need to race, you just click go f.e on the first one (SSE 1) and in the first menu after the RSC center, in RBR itself, you have the selection to tune the car, inthere you'll find the Load/save setup button. :)

It's all a bit new too for me, cause this mod is only a couple of months on my pc you know :D
And on the default RBR i never touched a thing in the past, i was unknown back then, lol.

cheers

Aww, dammit James :(

As for setups, I am the same. Steering lock and brakes (68/32) and the gears really only for the S1600 spec cars. On the Rally Ireland stages (Japan, tarmac) I had to raise the gears.

Aww, dammit James :(

As for setups, I am the same. Steering lock and brakes (68/32) and the gears really only for the S1600 spec cars. On the Rally Ireland stages (Japan, tarmac) I had to raise the gears.

Heh, was just about to post that I've managed to clear up about 30GB (O.o) and reinstalled RBR, just downloading RSRBR now and I'll install that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back