1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Thrustmaster TMX - new entry level FFB wheel

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Christian Militzer, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Christian Militzer

Christian Militzer
    Premium Member

Hey guys,

Anyone heard the news? Thrustmaster soon releases a new entry-level FFB wheel, which should be around 200 € according to some press.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/press/e...rce-feedback-xbox-one-windows-less-170-pounds

It will be compatible to PC and XBox One, offers 900 ° of rotation, a pedal set with 2 pedals. The rim reminds me a little bit of the GTE wheel and has a diameter of 28 cm. "The motor features a mixed belt-pulley and gears system with metal ball-bearing axle. The result is a balanced combination of performance, robustness and precision. With 12-bit resolution – i.e. 4096 values on the wheel’s steering axis – provided by an optical sensor, this racing wheel also offers extreme precision, delivering highly realistic racing sensations."

So it seems like this should be a equivalent to the DFGT - if not even one class higher. I don't know how it will compete against the T150, which is in a similar price range but we will sure find out ;)

Any thoughts?

Best
    Christian

2. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium Member

This is basically the same as the T150, just with 900° and XBox One compatibility instead of PS4. Not more different than a TX is to a T300.

3. Christian Militzer

Christian Militzer
    Premium Member

Makes sense, but they should rethink their product terminology... ;)