• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thrustmaster TH500RS and TH8 Shifter Windows 8 Help

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Majnu, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Majnu

Majnu

Ratings:
    +41
    Hi

Just got this wheel and installed the drivers for it from the manufacturers website for the wheel and shifter. However, I cannot find any software utlility to calibrate the wheel and shifter.

For the shifter I did find a utility but when I double click on it, it does nothing as shown in the pic below

[​IMG]

Please Help.

2. Majnu

Majnu

Ratings:
    +41
    I got the shifter to work and it's now calibrated, but I am still having trouble finding the software for the wheel.

3. Majnu

Majnu

Ratings:
    +41
  4. Majnu

Majnu

Ratings:
    +41
    One last thing does it have a profiler like with the G27? As I like to set individual settings for specific games?

5. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +465
    Unfortunately no individual profiles for games. Hope TM will add this feature in the future.

6. Craig Stevenson

Craig Stevenson

Ratings:
    +141
    The one glaring omission from the TM software is the lack of a Profiler, as Jebus says maybe something they will add.

7. Peter

Peter
    who cares Premium

Ratings:
    +667
    There is a beta tool at gtplanet for different game profiles.

8. Majnu

Majnu

Ratings:
    +41
    Thanks for the replies. :)
    I'll check that tool out. Is it normal for the fans on the wheel to make a noise? My G27 never made any at all (probably never had one a fan in there lol)

edit - can't seem to find that p[rofiler. do you have a link?

9. Peter

Peter
    who cares Premium

Ratings:
    +667
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Majnu

Majnu

Ratings:
    +41
    I've still not heard back from the person who made the configuration profiler. I sent him a PM ages ago:(

11. Majnu

Majnu

Ratings:
    +41
    does anyone have the program that they can upload somewhere?

12. Peter

Peter
    who cares Premium

Ratings:
    +667
    I asked the maker for an upload here, I won't do it without his permission.

13. Majnu

Majnu

Ratings:
    +41
    Hopefully he will reply to either of us, but thanks for getting in contact with him. It's so annoying as I'm playing 3 different racing games and have to update the control panel every time.

14. mrbasher

mrbasher

Ratings:
    +6
    Manju,

Sorry for the delayed response. I don't know how I missed your message. I have sent you a PM here with the info. I have a few small updates to make and then I will release it as a public beta.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Majnu

Majnu

Ratings:
    +41
    Thanks mate, it's working well so far. But I will need to give it a thorough test with a few games. :)

16. mrbasher

mrbasher

Ratings:
    +6
  17. Diego Lopez

Diego Lopez

Ratings:
    +288
    helpful thread, about to upgrade to Win 8, even though the official site doesn't have any "works with win8" on their driver/firmware page glad there is a TH500 user that has been able to work it with the Win8 OS.

thanks for the heads up!