Thrustmaster T818

Recently purchased a T818 but having a few problems running RF2 . Suffering very badly from severe vibratrions although I have tried to quiiten it down by trying various settings and dampening down the Thrustmaster control panel setup. I presume I have to go into the json document and alter things there but where do I start! Any help would be appreciated before my wrist fractures!

No, I had a Thrustmaster ts-pc wheel and I had no problems with RF2
Good, so we can rule out flat-spotting and other similar vibration introducing items. As with most new pieces of hardware, we may have that many users here yet with experience with the product. Perhaps scan for youtube review videos of the wheel to see if any of the influencers had similar issues.(although I doubt many use rF2 specifically)

Thanks, perhaps it is too new, only had it a month and it first came out around Christmas last year. Some information available but wondered if any one subscribing to Race Department had an experience of using it that they could pass on.

Thanks, perhaps it is too new, only had it a month and it first came out around Christmas last year. Some information available but wondered if any one subscribing to Race Department had an experience of using it that they could pass on.
also try the S397 forums. There may be other TM owners there as well with some experience. For what it's worth, there was just a thread posted referring to a SimCube DD wheel and extreme vibrations from 1 particular car when ABS was activated. Keep an eye on that thread, it may contain similar issues or solutions.

Recently purchased a T818 but having a few problems running RF2 . Suffering very badly from severe vibratrions although I have tried to quiiten it down by trying various settings and dampening down the Thrustmaster control panel setup. I presume I have to go into the json document and alter things there but where do I start! Any help would be appreciated before my wrist fractures!
I found changing the mode to sport in the thrustmaster control panel worked best for me. Although didn't completely fix it.

I'm already on sport mode, got my buttons working but cornering still isn't as smooth as it should be
I found changing the mode to sport in the thrustmaster control panel worked best for me. Although didn't completely fix it.
Hi Gents,

i am few days from ordering my T818.
Do you managed to run rF2 fine in the meantime ? Something new regarding this threadt?
I am on a T300 right now and all games running fine so far.. i am bit affraid to be disappointed if the new wheel makes too much problems in some sims.

Had mine for almost a year now, the vibration now has reduced, it seems to have worn in for want of a better term, however it only seemed to be an issue with rf2 , I did turn in game ffb down a small amount but as of now it's all working fine

Had mine for almost a year now, the vibration now has reduced, it seems to have worn in for want of a better term, however it only seemed to be an issue with rf2 , I did turn in game ffb down a small amount but as of now it's all working fine
I read somewhere, rF2 and iR are only two sims where damper schould be enabled (10% or something) within the thrustmaser software. But i am sure you already tested that....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.