Thrustmaster T500 RS - profiles for each game?

Hi!

I'm playing 4 games at the moment, F1 2013, Assetto Corsa, Simbin-pack (Pride & Glory mostly) and rFactor 2.

Now my old logitech wheel had this smart thing called profiles where you could set specific settings to each game. So if i was running F1, i'd decrease the wheel-turn-ratio to 200-250 degrees, etc etc.

Is Thrustmaster telling me they don't have any of that?? The controlpanel is quite useless, yes i know i can adjust the turning of the wheel in it, but thats the general setting.

So, when driving F1 I want 230 degrees, when i play simbin or assettto corsa i want 900 something like a normal car. How do i do this? Don't tell me i actually have to set the degrees when starting a specific game EVERY time?

Any helpful hints?

//Rob

Another option is to use on-the-fly degrees of rotation adjustment, but I prefer the above app to adjust the forces also.

If you press the "mode" button and "Left or Right" on the d-pad it cycle from 270 to 1080 degrees. It has 270, 540, 900, and 1080

Upvote 0
I made this a long way back :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2cw85bker609d4/T500ProfileManager.exe

There are tons of stuff not finished, but the basics work.
You can create profiles for your games (pointing to the executable exe-file) and they will be applied automatically.

I *think* this is 64-bit only; can't check right now...

Never got around to finishing it, or "releasing" it, but if there's enough interest I will take another look at it.

Upvote 0
Hey, thanks a million! I will give this a go for sure! I use 64bit anyhow :D

What i don't understand is why Thrustmaster is so dumb that they don't make their own!? Do they seriously think race-simmers only race one game forever?

I play rallygames, f1, games, sim-games (ie assetto corsa), trucksims etc etc...

Upvote 0
I made this a long way back :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2cw85bker609d4/T500ProfileManager.exe

There are tons of stuff not finished, but the basics work.
You can create profiles for your games (pointing to the executable exe-file) and they will be applied automatically.

I *think* this is 64-bit only; can't check right now...

Never got around to finishing it, or "releasing" it, but if there's enough interest I will take another look at it.

Lars,

I used to use your software and found it very useful, especially the auto loading of a profile per game. But for a while now it hasn't been automatically applying the settings I have had to click on the profile and apply manually.

I did ask TM if they would look at adding a profile manager to the software and was told they would look into if for a future version, but, hmmm, we'll see.

Upvote 0
Lars,

I used to use your software and found it very useful, especially the auto loading of a profile per game. But for a while now it hasn't been automatically applying the settings I have had to click on the profile and apply manually.

I did ask TM if they would look at adding a profile manager to the software and was told they would look into if for a future version, but, hmmm, we'll see.
I will write to TM as well.
Don`t see any other options for me as a TX owner. :/

Upvote 0
I will write to TM as well.
Don`t see any other options for me as a TX owner. :/
I have a TX wheel. I've been looking for something with profiles aswell, but didn't find anything. So right now I'm in the process of making my own application that works for the TX wheel, I just have to figure out where the settings is being saved to, from the original configurator :)

EDIT: Alright, figured it all out. Working on the application now :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a TX wheel. I've been looking for something with profiles aswell, but didn't find anything. So right now I'm in the process of making my own application that works for the TX wheel, I just have to figure out where the settings is being saved to, from the original configurator :)

Doesn't the profile manager work for the TX?

Upvote 0

EDIT: Alright, figured it all out. Working on the application now :)
Hi,

It would be nice if you could tell where the settings are being saved.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back