Thrustmaster owners - have you seen this?

Based on how well I can get a tablet to be an aux display, I think if they can do like a BT/wifi for data and maybe a rechargeable screen? Does the 488 wheel LED works ok? Maybe they can basically have a separate screen that does the dash thing, but if you are out of battery its just blank but the LED can still work and so do all the buttons like a normal wheel?

One thing I hope is the wheel to be stiffer. I'd like the wheel not to squeak and flex so much...

Upvote 0
They released, they immediately sold out and now as per usual for things in the last year you can't buy it anyway. The roll out is pretty slow anyway with the USA not seeing it until August.

So far no reviewers have shown how this works in other titles than F1 2020. I could utilise more buttons and rotaries for VR uses as using button boxes is hard work but wont get much use out of the screen. But how well does this work in ACC and iRacing etc especially the screen really matters. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out, but so far all we have had is fluff reviews and it sold out in an instant.

Upvote 0
Since it'll be a while before US gets this I guess I can wait until it hashes out. I think I'll get it when it does become available in the summer. Aside from all the gimmicks I also hope it'll be a stiff/sturdy feeling wheel. I feel like even with the TM Sparco stuff they still feel "flexy" in hand....

Upvote 0
How developers make use of the screen is the unknown. It will be a small market for them to spend time / money on.

Perhaps TM would go down the route that Fanatec have with something like FanaLab? TM would effectively produce their own version of SimHub for lighting up the wheel LED's and screen?

I can see it being a very small user base unless it was a lot closer in price to the existing formula rims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since it'll be a while before US gets this I guess I can wait until it hashes out. I think I'll get it when it does become available in the summer. Aside from all the gimmicks I also hope it'll be a stiff/sturdy feeling wheel. I feel like even with the TM Sparco stuff they still feel "flexy" in hand....

Comments on pics:

It is a sturdy one! You can compare vs Fanatec Formula V2 and QR is better on Thrustmaster one, It is very ingenious.

EDIT:
And It is very accesible, on the way of being able to replace damaged parte like clutch paddles or grips.
If the old Ferrari F1 was a highly modifiable wheel, this Sf1000 Will be the pinnacle for modding community

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back