• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Throttle pedal is either 0% or 100%, no inbetween

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Adam Bark, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Adam Bark

Adam Bark

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my wheel working again yesterday and it was fine, but I turn my PC on this morning and the throttle pedal is screwed up and is either at 0% with no pressure on it, or if you tap it very slightly it goes up to 100% and I can't use it for variable input. I've taken the pedals apart to clean the crap out inside but I still get the same result.

EDIT: Despite being able to see the problem in the Logitech Profiler, iRacing recognises that its a variable input and works just fine but games like rFactor dont?

2. Bram

Bram
    #27 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,956
    Please include what kind of wheel you are using :)

3. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +313
    Thats very odd? Maybe I am missing something here or having a bad day? As Bram said, more info please, wheel type etc and we will try and help you :)

4. Adam Bark

Adam Bark

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry! Driving Force GT. Latest Logitech software and drivers, Windows 7 64 bit.

5. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,267
    Did you calibrate them ?

6. Adam Bark

Adam Bark

Ratings:
    +0
    It says it calibrates when I install the software, other than that I don't know how to calibrate it.

7. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +953
    Also make sure you remap the throttle again ingame. Like select your throttle pedal again in the options as your throttle pedal. :)

8. Adam Bark

Adam Bark

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I've done that too, the weird thing about this whole thing is that the gauge on the Logitech software shows the throttle as being dodgy ie, going from 0% to 100%. The same with rFactor, I've assigned it several times and it goes from 0% to 100%.

iRacing on the other hand, when I map the throttle on there whilst the Logitech software is STILL showing it as dodgy, it works fine! Its so bizarre :( and annoying because the only leagues I race in now are on rFactor!

9. Neil Gault

Neil Gault

Ratings:
    +341
  10. Adam Bark

Adam Bark

Ratings:
    +0
    Neil Gaunt is a hero! That fixed it downloading the clear calibration. Thanks very much! :redface:

11. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +313
    Nice one Neil! I will remember that also... :)

12. Jim Cole

Jim Cole
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    With Windows and the logitech devices, if you plug into a different USB that does the trick at times and you don't have to use that tool. :)