Thinking of going DD

Hi all,

My rig currently consists of a Trak Racer RS4, Fanatec CSL Elite wheelbase with P1 wheel, loadcell pedals and shifter with handbrake. I've been happy with this combo for nearly three years but am now thinking of DD.

Would I be able to add a Simcube 2 system (not sure whether to go Sport or Pro) to this without any issues? Any helpful starter info (like what wheels would fit this etc) would be much appreciated .

Best,

Ben

Does the TrakRacer have the older style mounting plate for the wheel? (Plate with drilled holes?)

If so, without some serious fabrication, you're realistically only able to mount a Fanatec DD1 or DD2 - using the three bolt pattern same as the CSL I'd guess.

I may be wrong, but the Simucube needs an adaptor bracket for deck mounting - it may have the bolt pattern which would do , but I don't know that. The adaptor plate may also not be included?

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks for replying. My TrakRacer does have the plate with holes drilled in.
I notice that most DD bases are of a similar price. Is there any preference between them all? Assuming I could get a mounting plate fabricated?

Upvote 0
I ordered my SC2 Sport from SimRacingBay and they included mounting brackets. DSD sells them separate. In other words, it depends what reseller you go thru.
The sport is the one I’m looking at. What wheel do you use? I’d be looking for a normal round wheel instead of GT type as I drive for on open roads in AC.

Upvote 0
I got Ascher Racing's wheel which is NOT the style you are looking for. First make a decision if you want to take advantage of the wireless feature. If you do, it greatly reduces what is available. Otherwise, there are a number of wheels available at various price points.

Upvote 0
I got Ascher Racing's wheel which is NOT the style you are looking for. First make a decision if you want to take advantage of the wireless feature. If you do, it greatly reduces what is available. Otherwise, there are a number of wheels available at various price points.

sorry for the basic questions but what is the need for a wireless wheel if it’s attached to the base?

Upvote 0
Up until Fanatec's DDWs and the SC2, to use a wheel's buttons, you had to plug it into a USB port on your computer. The SC2 incorporates a bluetooth solution so you don't need a USB cable. Fanatec uses their proprietary solution which is part of their QR.

Upvote 0
Thank you both for your help. I have come to the conclusion that DD is too expensive for me at this time. I am going to get a new Clubsport V2.5 instead and hope that lasts me for another couple of years.

Upvote 0
Also, check out the Accuforce V2, you can get a full wheel base / rim and button box for about $1000 and only like $700 for the base itself.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea