1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Thinking of getting back into F1 201x game

Discussion in 'F1 2015 - The Game' started by My993C2, May 25, 2016.

1. My993C2

My993C2

Ratings:
    +89
    Sorry I was not sure where to post this. I didn't want to put it in the F1 2016 game forum because my question(s) are more geared towards the existing F1 201x games.

So I went AWOL from RaceDepartment around 2013. I got into real world Kart racing. I own and raced a Rotax DD2 Kart. OMG that thing is a blast, it's like a mini-Formula car and I can pull close to 3 Gs in the high speed sweepers. But I am not so sure I can spend the $$$ on racing this year especially since I have a sore neck (it's more an age thing, D'Oh). Anyway I am thinking of possibly getting back into one of the CodeMaster F1 201x games. I played 2010 a lot, and also had 2011. But I didn't like the tire bug in 2011. So I just kept playing 2010 and 2011 was ignored. But when 2012 was released, they stopped supporting Windows XP and my desktop computer at the time was an XP box. Plus I had an iRacing account and I just stopped playing F1 2010 around 2012.

Now the XP desktop is history. It has been replaced, I am now running Windows 10 so that is no longer an issue. Now I wish I had the fancy sim cockpit. You know, a seat, three monitors, blah blah blah. But I could never justify spending the money while I was racing the real world Kart. When I was playing F1 2010, I had a G25 with the G25 pedals. But in 2013 I upgraded to a G27 with G27 pedals, except the pedals had a 3rd party load cell and the wheel and pedals connected to the computer via their own USB cable. So question #1, does the Codemaster F1 201x series support this type of configuration where the wheel and pedals are different controllers. When I had my XP box, I know an GTR2 game didn't recognize the pedals, but iRacing did. So does Codemasters support multiple controllers and how far back did they support such a setup.

Also, ignoring the F1 2016 release, which if you believe the marketing is the best thing since sliced bread. But what is the best F1 201x game for offline racing? I am not worried about online racing for several reasons. First off it's hard to beat iRacing for online racing (though I did let my iRacing account lapse last year) and also is there even online racers for 2014 or older games? It sounds like 2015 had a lot of bugs and so was 2014 better than 2015? Plus 2015 is pretty expensive right now. I might as well just wait for 2016. Now 2014 is cheaper and 2013 is even cheaper than 2014. Plus I like the idea of classic F1 racing which brings 2013 into question. 2010 was far from perfect. It had it's warts. But I had a lot fun offline racing 2010 and if one of it's successors is better, I would consider it. But I need to figure out of my separate wheel and pedal USB connectors would work. I might consider buying a new wheel to replace the G27. But I sure like the load cell brake pedal. I'd hate to go back to the old pedals.

PS: sorry for the long post and sorry if this should have been posted in a different forum.

2. filaszbrna

filaszbrna

Ratings:
    +22
    For offline only way to go is 2015, 2014 has such a crap AI - they cant overtake, but 2015 AI is somewhere else, didnt notice some bugs.. But it has no career, just one season.. I would wait ofc. for 2016, because it can get i hope only better, with SC and career + hope no bugs :) just no 2014!! sry for my english.

PS: 2015 much better physics and graphic, although antialiasing is bit worse..

3. My993C2

My993C2

Ratings:
    +89
    Thxs for the feedback and no worries about your English. 2015 is out of the question because it's still selling for a lot of money. But if the AI is not very good in 2014, then I might as well wait for 2016 to be released and then go from there.

4. racelover

racelover

Ratings:
    +9
    There are some mods to the '14 edition you can DL for better AI

5. Porkkanajonne

Porkkanajonne

Ratings:
    +0
    2015 is on Steam Sale for 19,99€ until 4th of July. 2014 is 8€, and 12 is 5€.