Things With Wheels That Are Cool

“ Jade Warrior ”

The creation of British motorcycle racer Angus MacPhail, who built it himself in his garage, it's called the “Jade Warrior ” , did the quarter mile in under 8 seconds a quarter century ago without the use of nitromethane. That's riding on the tip of a bullet.

It was powered by an inline 4-cylinder that blended MacPhail’s own engineering with that of a Ford Cosworth and sported a Roots supercharger producing somewhere between 400 and 500 horsepower.

The frame was, obviously, a completely one-off piece that was built monocoque-style – with a main center section made of alloy and put together with Araldite adhesive and Monel rivets. A well-designed body with ground effects incorporated helped keep it stable and hooked up at close to 200 MPH. Angus claimed it was actually very easy to navigate down the track.

tumblr_l9qe1p9W6Q1qzpsi6o1_500.jpg

JADE_Warrior_rear_engine.jpg

xfbzcbzc.JPG

1985 Zandvoort Dragracing-The Jade Warrior Dragbike

Plymouth XNR

The Plymouth XNR was a concept car developed by Chrysler and Plymouth and designed by Virgil Exner as a sports roadster to add to the Plymouth line and possibly compete with the Ford Falcon and the Chevrolet Corvette.​

What Chrysler was lacking was a two-seater roadster to compete with the Ford Falcon and General Motors's Chevrolet Corvette. For the shorter length needed for a roadster, the chassis of the Plymouth Valiant was adopted. A 170cid I-6 engine with outputs of more than 200 horsepower was a suitable choice.

Shortly after, the Plymouth Asymmetrica was born. It was renamed Plymouth XNR after its designer, Virgil Exner. The XNR sported a modified Plymouth Valiant chassis about 106.5 inches long.

a137790d6ac2b481a3419e9e8814e114b4fb852c.jpg
PlymouthXNRconcept-W.jpg

This time it is one of mine. OK Im being a bit bias posting this here and should be over at Show Your Car thread but eh,

Photo_2019-03-06_154613.jpg

My gf got me lowering springs for Xmas, i finally got them installed back in February. It was an inch higher at the front and nearly two inches higher at the rear. The wheels are off of my WK1 that i had before. So far it has a cat back exhaust and aftermarket air filter but I also have a supercharger pulley swap kit that needs going in but I'm looking for a good E85 setup that i can put in at the same time.

Photo_2019-03-06_154808.jpg

It doesn't get out much. I've had this for about a year now.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea