• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

These are great !!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Keith Gregg, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg
    CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE Premium

Ratings:
    +97
    I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this here...but these are excellent wrapped around your head when racing (as long as you dont mind looking foolish)...they really work and dont drip either so are good under a headset...they are making my longer race sessions a lot more comfortable :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Camping-...F8&qid=1496404518&sr=8-6&keywords=chill+towel

BTW I am not affiliated to these in any way...I am just passing on what I think is a good idea :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +734
    Pretty awesome! Will look into it :)
    I think you are allowed since you are not affiliated but I think you should do it in a Link and not posting the direct URL.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg

Ratings:
    +97
    Aye sorry...i'm old and dimwitted so wasnt sure if I should post or how....my apologies

4. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

Ratings:
    +149
    I wonder if they do any that go in your underpants:O_o:

• Like Like x 1
  5. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +734
    hahahaha, I love the German product description! (translated into the same, wrong englisch):
    "fast drying and super sucking. Up to 9x fast beat suckiness, then wrings almost 90% dry"
    "wet towel not easy smell, healthy"

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +70
    mod edit: comment not needed.

Your "report" was rejected so please don't take matters into your own hands

• Wow Wow x 1
  7. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg

Ratings:
    +97
    Don't read them then...simple....
    but if you had joined in any of the rookie events you would have heard people compIaining about sweating.
    I cant comment on your posts as I dont remember seeing any.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg

Ratings:
    +97
    Report?....for real?

• Wow Wow x 1
  9. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +734
    As I see a trend to "bad mood" in almost every thread I will post how "constructive critism" would look like:
    "Hey man, these towels are looking awesome, thanks for sharing! My head always gets hot while racing.
    PS: maybe this belongs in the offtopic section? :) "

I really don't know why everyone seems to feel the need to attack each other...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg

Ratings:
    +97
    Noted...thanks

11. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,546
    Although it is not really Ac news or related to AC, its not really sim hardware, but it is handy all the same to us sim racers

What you could do in future is use the link button
    linking it to a web page to get rid of the web address in the forum.

Type in "click me"
    copy web address you want to link too
    then hold down the left button on your mouse and move the courser back over the click me, you will see it turn blue, release the left mouse button and click on the chain in the bar above,
    7th one in from the left and paste the web address in there, you have now made a hot link.. tdaaaaaa.

Give me a shout if you need help :) always willing to help

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +70
    Sorry, wasn't meant to be an attack. Even got a laugh out of your post. But still, not really AC related :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg

Ratings:
    +97
    Thanks...I get severe senality when it come to the internet...its my age you see, young fella me lad :)
    And apologies to all I have offended...no offence was meant...I just thought I was sharing a good idea for those sweaters amongst us (me included).

14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,546
    Hey no probs Keith, im 48 and self taught in pc stuff, many many hours of doing it wrong..:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    Even the basics had me baffled, now i can kind of hold my own.
    so i try to pass on tips where i can to make the forum look neater where i can.

oh and i sweat, i have raced in my underpants to keep cool.. no joke and you must of heard about naked Thursday... yep that was me in GTL..

i also wear headphones and the top of my head under the band can get a bit sweaty..
    i have a fan blowing on me now, so it kind of works but can get a bit chilly half race distance at times.. So you item is better than the kitchen paper. that ive used in the past:thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. bondyboy

bondyboy

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes I have one of these types of cooling towels, not the exact one but similar - it does a good job, better than you'd expect, I used it while on my summer drives through Europe, no Air Con in the car (save weight yo!) and being a Welshman I can't deal with anything over 22C

16. Fernando Deutsch

Fernando Deutsch

Ratings:
    +257
    They look pretty good ! I play a lot of tennis and I finish all wet, but also I sweat a lot when sim racing (hot and humid weather here, you can imagine) I may buy one of those next time go to the US.

Thanks for sharing.

17. Nickl561

Nickl561
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    Yea I get pretty hot. I always race in underpants only. Lol. And I have a 12" fan running about 1 metre from me.. So this could be useful. Thanks