There's a new game in town: GT4

There's a new game in town: GT4. Well, both new (there are currently several real-world GT4 championships) AND old (Kunos released a couple of GT4 cars--the Porsche Cayman GT4 and the Maserati Granturismo GT4--years ago; the class itself has existed since 2007). Trouble is, in the world of modded cars, the only rule is there are no rules. I have over a dozen GT4 cars in my virtual scuderia (McLaren, Mustang, Camaro, Audi, AMG, KTM, Ginetta among others) and they're all over the place (some have choices illegal for real-world GT4s, like alternate gearsets, variable aero, several tire compounds, etc.). In testing a sample of GT4s at a 4-mile road circuit, I found lap-time differences of up to 11 seconds (in the real world, the differences would be maybe two seconds). For example, the Hyundai Genesis (admittedly still in beta) was way too fast, and the Lotus 2-Eleven (probably obsolete) was way too slow.

It would be great if there was a governing body of sim racing, like the real-world's FIA, that could promolgate BoP (Balance of Power) standards so we could race the GT4s online, but so far, it's the Wild West. Guerilla Mods and The Rollovers are trying to equalize each of their offerings in this class with BoP adjustments. That's a good start, but I wish Kunos would awaken from it's Asetto Corsa Competitzione fever dream and release a group of GT4 cars for AC that are identical to the GT4 cars they are planning to release for ACC later this year. In the meanwhile, here are two race setups for the Porsche Cayman GT4; one for Kunos' original (about three years ago) DLC; the other for Guerilla Mods' current release (which is, to be honest, still something of a WIP).

Last edited:
More of Guerilla Mods' BoP'ed GT4s, starting with the AMG GT4

Attachments

• Guerilla AMG GT4.txt
    938 bytes · Views: 213
Last edited:
Mr. Waffles has taken the Hyundai Genesis found at A******land and reworked it to fit the GT4 BoP (Balance of Power) standard set by the Guerilla/Rollovers cars and come up with the best handling GT4 I've driven to date. You may find it @ GT Plan*t. Setup attached (just change the .txt suffix to .ini).

Attachments

• Mr Waffles Hyundai GT4.txt
    472 bytes · Views: 186
Last edited:
Actually, the latest announcement from the Guerrilla FB page notes that all cars have new BOP among other things. Have you looked into that? I'm re-downloading them now.

Actually, the latest announcement from the Guerrilla FB page notes that all cars have new BOP among other things. Have you looked into that? I'm re-downloading them now.

Yes, Guerilla+Rollovers is doing a great job 'standardizing' their cars in this class. I've now driven them all, and they are within 2 sec. of each other on a 4-mile test circuit.

Guerilla is updating these betas almost every other day, but most of these setups should still apply. If I detect any game-changing alterations, I will re-test and re-post.

AC Underground's KTM X-Bow GT4. A lot easier to drive, but still slow. Both X-bows are probably WIPs.

Attachments

• Underground GT4 GT4.txt
    815 bytes · Views: 159
Shaun Clarke's Ginetta GT4. If I was the race steward, I wouldn't let this thing pass tech. It's clearly much too fast. It may not even be legal. But it is up to Shaun's first-class workmanship. All it needs is a little less power and/or a little more weight to fall in line with Guerilla/Rollovers BoP protocols..

Attachments

• Clarke Ginetta GT4.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering