The W.I.P Thread

Autobacs Racing Team Aguri base livery done on Force India chassis, sponsors to go
View attachment 56009
I know that this will be quite a personal question which I shouldn't really ask but I wonder how do you have so much free time to do all these? Do you even go to school or not?Because you make 2-3 skins a day while most of the highly respected , talented modders do only a skin per week or even rare. Are you even going out sometimes or are you just sitting in front of your pc doing cars all day? ( Don't make a mistake, I had no offensive intentions with this post , just wondering ).

And don't take it as a attacking reply or something like that. I respect your diligence.

• Deleted member 161052

I know that this will be quite a personal question which I shouldn't really ask but I wonder how do you have so much free time to do all these? Do you even go to school or not? Because you make 2-3 skins a day while most of the highly respected , talented modders do only a skin per week or even rare. Are you even going out sometimes or are you just sitting in front of your pc doing cars all day? (Don't make a mistake, I had no offensive intentions with this post , just wondering).

And don't take it as a attacking reply or something like that. I respect your diligence.
I go to school because I'm 14. But 2-3, or more skins could be started a day: the first one will be finished, and then the second one, etc., etc.
I go out sometimes because it's sunny and hot and then I sit in front of my PC and paintin'em.

I go to school because I'm 14. But 2-3, or more skins could be started a day: the first one will be finished, and then the second one, etc., etc.
I go out sometimes because it's sunny and hot and then I sit in front of my PC and paintin'em.
That's the problem. At your age I didn't really use PC at all. I was playing football every day with my friends and we also went to swim because the weather was nice usually ^^
But thanks for your answer.

• Deleted member 161052

That's the problem. At your age I didn't really use PC at all. I was playing football every day with my friends and we also went to swim because the weather was nice usually ^^
But thanks for your answer.
No prob.

• Deleted member 161052

Remember that one from here?
Prost 2000.PNG

Not for release yet...

• Deleted member 161052

1991 CarSet in progress. I love that season because it was Senna's last title and Schumacher's first season.
1991 Ferrari.PNG
1991 McLaren.PNG

• Deleted member 161052

That logo on the mclaren's rear wing side looks dull. You should make it narrower.
Also the logo placement on the ferrari's sidepod is really a cheap work. It looks strange
Hope you fix those.
Milos fixed the Ferrari and it includes in his release - but I had the older one of it.

The red paintwork on the nose is all wrong.

Wrong angle, wrong where it finishes at the cockpit, and what is the Courtalds logos doing there at that angle??? The ones under the Marlboro logos.

The rear wing wasn't all white, and from here as it is hard to tell.....the suspension manufacturer logo is missing too. All that said I do understand it is a WIP......but the paint on the nose is a definite no no.

• Deleted member 161052

The red paintwork on the nose is all wrong.

Wrong angle, wrong where it finishes at the cockpit, and what is the Courtalds logos doing there at that angle??? The ones under the Marlboro logos.

The rear wing wasn't all white, and from here as it is hard to tell.....the suspension manufacturer logo is missing too. All that said I do understand it is a WIP......but the paint on the nose is a definite no no.
These words I marked from your post with bold, are these questions:
  1. Are there any reason for that the nose paintwork is wrong?
  2. The Courtaulds logo appeared on the car, just look here.
  3. Which suspension manufacturer is it TBH?

These words I marked from your post with bold, are these questions:
  1. Are there any reason for that the nose paintwork is wrong?
  2. The Courtaulds logo appeared on the car, just look here.
  3. Which suspension manufacturer is it TBH?
Answer to the number 1 question. Because you lack the needed experience to fix those. And after seeing the picture you linked to us, I can clearly say that the nose side was full black instead of white with that red stripe.

I don't need to look at a pic of a McLaren.....know the car back to front.

The Courtalds logos look plain daft place there at that angle. On the original car shape they are placed along the lip/shape of the bodywork. You would be far better served placing them above the radiator air scoops. (make the paint and logos fit the car shape). You cannot make the car shape fit the logos and paint!!

Take a look at your own pic you provided.....does the Red paint go off on the angle that yours is at? Does it finish at the cockpit like yours does?

Showa is the suspension maker.

mp4.6-notobacco2.jpg

Point I'm trying to say sort of is.....you don't need to try and make something exactly the same to get across what it is supposed to be.....with mine I just gave it the Marlboro look without trying to copy a specific car.

mclaren20121437.jpg

mclarendisplay89.jpg

• Deleted member 161052

Point I'm trying to say sort of is.....you don't need to try and make something exactly the same to get across what it is supposed to be.....with mine I just gave it the Marlboro look without trying to copy a specific car.

mclaren20121437.jpg

mclarendisplay89.jpg
In the right rear wing side from the first picture, a car number is missing.

EDIT: It's the one without car numbers.

I just played NFS Most Wanted 2012 online after showing off the 1991 carset.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 161052

From a McLacken (this McLaren 1991 which lacked things here) into a McLaren...anything still lacking?
1991 McLaren Front.PNG
1991 McLaren Rear.PNG
1991 McLaren Side.PNG

edit: NO ONE ANSWERING?! This era sucks nowadays...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 161052

bored because no one showed their work off than me...however my Super GT carset will be released there

WEIDER HONDA RACING 2012 - added Rockport, HP, Weider and Honda logo
Weider Honda Racing 2012.PNG

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 174 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.3%
Back