1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

The ultimate drive?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Eric Nelson, May 21, 2009.

1. here's a video that apparently has a bit of history behind it.

I enjoyed this as it reveals every performance car driver's fantasy. Run rampant on your local roads in a fine car!

I think this is the original "getaway in Stockholm" film!

I am posting this not to create public deabate about safety, responsibility etc. PLease withhold any flames and just enjoy it for what it is.

here's the description:

Filming in 1978,
    > > French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris early in the morning . The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine , through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur. No streets were > closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit. The driver completed the course in 8 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running 19 real red lights, nearly hitting a myriad of actual pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up two bonefide one-way streets. Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground.
    > >
    > > Turn
    > > on your
    > > sound and enjoy!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHrCLt3Geo[/ame]

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

To be honest i am not sure if this ridiculous driving is suitable here. What a morron :(

I have no respect for such idiots. Same with Ghost rider from Sweden. I don't have any problem that people (in this case the driver) takes all risks of killing himself, but they bring the lives of innocent people in jeopardy.

3. pfft driving like this in Paris(or everywhere else) is totally stupid,no matter if the driver is an f1 driver,killing some one is so easy in this case,he's really lucky to have not hit and kill during his "race"

4. arf! you guys are funneh!

i can't even see the vid "not available in your country or domain" :weep:

5. and then one life in a demokratic free country and it appears it is not i get the same meassage good i have seen it already elsewhere

6. After some significant investigation it turns out this is not real.

It was shot off the front of a MB 300 and the sound was dubbed in.

I wondered why some of those people weren't leaping out of the way!