The ultimate drive?

here's a video that apparently has a bit of history behind it.

I enjoyed this as it reveals every performance car driver's fantasy. Run rampant on your local roads in a fine car!

I think this is the original "getaway in Stockholm" film!

I am posting this not to create public deabate about safety, responsibility etc. PLease withhold any flames and just enjoy it for what it is.

here's the description:

Filming in 1978,
> > French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris early in the morning . The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine , through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur. No streets were > closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit. The driver completed the course in 8 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running 19 real red lights, nearly hitting a myriad of actual pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up two bonefide one-way streets. Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground.
> >
> > Turn
> > on your
> > sound and enjoy!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHrCLt3Geo[/ame]

To be honest i am not sure if this ridiculous driving is suitable here. What a morron :(

I have no respect for such idiots. Same with Ghost rider from Sweden. I don't have any problem that people (in this case the driver) takes all risks of killing himself, but they bring the lives of innocent people in jeopardy.

• Andrew Evans

arf! you guys are funneh!

i can't even see the vid "not available in your country or domain" :weep:

After some significant investigation it turns out this is not real.

It was shot off the front of a MB 300 and the sound was dubbed in.

I wondered why some of those people weren't leaping out of the way!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back