1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The start of a race?

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Walcott, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Does anyone have any tips for the start of a race? Or is it just simply a case of holding the throttle down as soon as the red lights come on?
  2. Can anyone see the lights if you aren't starting 1st? When I start from farther back I can't see them, just hold 3/4 and wait for it to let me go...
  3. This is unbelievable but yes, it's impossible to see the red lights if your not in front of the grid...
  4. I try to keep my revs right before redline and I feel I get good starts. The trick is not redlining 1st-2nd, 2nd-3rd. That can be tricky, for me atleast.
  5. I see a lot of people throw the hammer down on the line waiting for the lights to go off. If you pay attention to the car temps this will overheat the engine before the race even starts (which one would think would kill power). Try to work the throttle so you can hold revs without hitting the limiter and once you start rolling you can go into more/full power. usually gets me off the line fairly well