PC2 The Old and the New, Indianapolis Coming to Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Lotus IndyCar 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and several generations of the cars that raced on it will be coming to Project CARS 2 this year.

From the 1960's right the way up to the present day, IndyCar racing and the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway look set to play a prominent role in the new Project CARS franchise sequel scheduled to release towards the end of this year.

Initially the original Project CARS was due to ship with limited oval content, even going so far as to have several items of content within the early beta builds of the game, however for reasons best known to the development team the full retail version of the title failed to contain the expected Indy track and cars - much to the dismay of fans looking forward to sampling officially licenced oval racing content in a modern racing simulation.

During the expended promotional campaign from Slightly Mad Studios, development team head Ian Bell has confirmed the studio have focussed a great deal of attention towards getting the artificial intelligence of the new game configured appropriately in order to deliver a satisfactory oval racing performance once released to the buying gaming public. As part of the new push towards open wheel oval content, it has recently been confirmed that the development team have secured the rights to a number of iconic oval race cars from throughout the history of the speedway.

Immediately obvious to motorsport fans will be the modern Dallara DW12 IndyCar. Brought to the game with the support of real world IndyCar team Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, the DW12 is the most modern iteration of the IndyCar series regulations and is the weapon of choice for the teams and drivers taking part in this months Indy 500, the 101st running of the event and the big race where former double Formula One World Champion Fernando Alonso makes his IndyCar oval racing debut.

However SMS don't terminate the partnership with just the modern version of the cars, as the licencing agreement brings to the game the 1963 'Ol’ Calhoun', the legendary Lotus 38 driven to victory by Formula One World Champion Jim Clark in 1965 and the 1968 Chapman-Granatelli STP Pratt & Whitney twin-turbine Lotus 56.

Big names, big race, big fun. Should be a good ride.

Project CARS 2 will be released on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC around September 2017.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 4.jpg
Project CARS 2 Indy .jpg
Project CARS 2 Lotus IndyCar.jpg
Project CARS 2 Roadster 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Roadster.jpg
Project CARS 2 Ol’ Calhoun.jpg

Check out more Project CARS 2 news and discussion items in the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Join in with your fellow Project CARS 2 fans as the build-up continues ahead of the big towards the end of 2017.

Looking forward to oval racing and IndyCar in Project CARS 2? Which era of the series announced for the game are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments section below!

This can only be a good thing , i like ovals and this is right up there.
I have the first PCars but never got into it much , i'll give version 2 a ride as well and this makes it sweeter.

Do , or is there any oval racing on RD .. if so any links please.

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

....interesting...
I was disapointed about pcars1 and wasn't waiting for the 2.....but to be honest, some stuff get my interest, so I now changed my pov, now i'm waiting for it...to try

I was not planing on buying Pcars 2 but if the old indy roadsters pictured above are included I'll get it.Not a big oval fan since I was a kid,but will be something interestingly different for me in a sim.

I'd be excited if this wasn't mostly content already promised for Project CARS 1 that got thrown out. My faith in them to provide an actual satisfactory driving experience and not pull the rug out from under us is low after the previous game, and introducing more and more enticing tracks and cars will be tempting, but don't assuage my concerns there.

That being said, if it does end up top-notch and has all the content they've promised at the level fans would hope for, they can have my money instantly.

Well it was already a guaranteed buy but with Indianapolis included its even more so. Good news. Full Indycar would be great but this is better than nothing. Currently on console Forza is the only place to race it but you can only race 50 laps max :rolleyes:

Well it was already a guaranteed buy but with Indianapolis included its even more so. Good news. Full Indycar would be great but this is better than nothing. Currently on console Forza is the only place to race it but you can only race 50 laps max :rolleyes:

Didn't they say that they are the official indycar game in that PC2 presentation? So I would assume with Indy and Long Beach already in... we might get lot of more indycar tracks anyway.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.0%
  • €3001-5000