The Official Merry Christmas 2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry christmas to everyone. :cool:
images

I've had a pretty disasterous Christmas unfortunately. I thought I'd be able to have a real Athiest's Christmas, and do nothing. Not get anyone presents, not get any presents myself, and not do the whole big Christmas lunch thing. Then I got funneled into Christmas dinner at the last minute, showed up, got £300+ worth of presents and had nothing to give back. I've felt like **** about it ever since. And having found out I'm likely to lose my job at the end of January just a few days beforehand meant I could have really done without this.

Oh well, **** happens, eh.

But seriously, since everyone thinks Christmas is to do with Jesus' birthday, why is being Jewish a good enough excuse to not take part, and yet being Agnostic isn't? I don't get it.

I've had a pretty disasterous Christmas unfortunately. I thought I'd be able to have a real Athiest's Christmas, and do nothing. Not get anyone presents, not get any presents myself, and not do the whole big Christmas lunch thing. Then I got funneled into Christmas dinner at the last minute, showed up, got £300+ worth of presents and had nothing to give back. I've felt like **** about it ever since. And having found out I'm likely to lose my job at the end of January just a few days beforehand meant I could have really done without this.

Oh well, **** happens, eh.

But seriously, since everyone thinks Christmas is to do with Jesus' birthday, why is being Jewish a good enough excuse to not take part, and yet being Agnostic isn't? I don't get it.
It's still nice to give and receive presents, and hang up all the ridiculous decorations, even if you're not religious and don't associate it at all with any of the Christian stories... that's what my family has done at least for as long as I can remember...
If you really feel guilty, just give out a bunch of New Year's presents!

Yeah, Christmas at its core is about the birth of Jesus, but it's perfectly okay to not celebrate it for that. Look at it as a time for giving and sharing, and spending time with the people you love. It's also a good excuse for eating heaps of nice food... :wink:

It's still nice to give and receive presents, and hang up all the ridiculous decorations, even if you're not religious and don't associate it at all with any of the Christian stories... that's what my family has done at least for as long as I can remember...
If you really feel guilty, just give out a bunch of New Year's presents!

It's just not my cup of tea, but I may have to do that. Would have just been nice if people had listened when I said I didn't want anything to do with it in the first place though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back