• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tracks The Isle Of Man TT 1.0

Fast road course

1. Frank1463

Frank1463

Ratings:
    +60
    Frank1463 submitted a new resource:

The Isle Of Man TT - Fast road course

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lily Starfox

Lily Starfox

Ratings:
    +113
    Love your track, but what does it do better than Rainmaker's version?
    Is the road more accurate? It does seem to be the case.
    I just tried with the new mod Renault RS01 and it sure felt great.

3. philrob

philrob

Ratings:
    +7
    thank you Frank for another great version of this track, loved your 1st IOM track and this is just the icing on the cake.

4. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +320
    Rainmakers Version is just half as big as the original

5. isamu

isamu

Ratings:
    +11
    ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!!???? This came out of NOWHERE!!!!! WOW!!!!! I was *JUST* browsing last night to see if there was any new progress on the existing IOM track, or whether there was a new version, and OUT OF NOWHERE comes this version!!! Talk about a CRAZY coincidence!!! Thanks a bunch Frank! Will be testing this as soon as I got my new PC rig up and running! :bow: :notworthy: :slave:

6. Thimoty Decrans

Thimoty Decrans

Ratings:
    +1,376
    Thnx!; now we can start practicing for TT the game :D

7. isamu

isamu

Ratings:
    +11
    What's the recommended specs to run this in VR? Anyone able to maintain a solid 90fps everywhere? Is it more demanding than Rainmaker's version?

Also please upload a video.

8. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +268
    @the_Thunderbirds Hey i saw your review and you mention that the cockpit is "wobbling". The reason for that is in Assetto Corsa's engine and not in the track. Basically AC has a "limit" on track size where the physics is calculated from the center of the map. The bigger the track and thus the further away from center the physics start to "spazz out". As long as the car isnt shaking so much that it flies off the track you should be good, lol. :D But the closer you get to the center (if you ever get closer to the center on this track) then it should get calmer, and then further away you are from the center you get more shaking. This is why Kunos recommends to make tracks that has a maximum size. To avoid the shakes. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Franklin Silva

Franklin Silva

Ratings:
    +4
    Is this better than another version already published at racedepartment?

10. isamu

isamu

Ratings:
    +11

Good question. I would also like to this. Especially how it compares in the graphics/textures/scenery department?

11. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +885
    Only had a short look last night (didn't drive), but even by that I would say yes! Ignore Rainmakers version as it's only a short ~10km TT-"inspired" track. And the other full length TT track to be found on RD is sorta tarmac only, while this here now has full scenery, hedges, stonewalls and street markings and overall way more detail.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Lily Starfox

Lily Starfox

Ratings:
    +113
    Rainmaker managed to make the scenery less repetitive though, which is incredible, since the file size is 75% less than this one.

13. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +885
    Well yes, because it's 1/6 of the whole TT length... This here is six times the length!

14. GT VIRUS

GT VIRUS

Ratings:
    +94
    Ok everyone, how about we stop saying 'Rainmakers Version', Rainmaker has made absolutely nothing. He plain stole the mesh from Jim Pearson. And I say stole, as Jim has not given permission for this conversion.

http://jrpearson.homestead.com/ deserves all credit for the abridged version

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. SS454

SS454

Ratings:
    +21
    There are hard tracks to master, and this is going to be quite a challenge. Sure the textures could be better, some variety in the trees and bushes, but considering the length of the track I think it's damn good. Well done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Michael Doherty

Michael Doherty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +48
    This is easily better than the other TT version by far. As for repeating the trees, what do you expect on such a long track.....really, plus. if your driving it i'm sure (unless you are miss daisy) you do not notice that at all.
    I for one am really impressed with this huge project you have managed to pull off.
    Thanks Frank.