1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of cars

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hubba, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

That design is brilliant!
  2. *pukes all over the place*

God help us ! :(
  3. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

WHAT THE %$#@ is that! Bram, I'll take your C-30 ANYDAY over that! If i was to see that on the street, I'll risk going to jail and run it over with my girlfriend's truck! lol! I'm with you here William :D puke puke puke!
  4. I like that too:)
  5. At least the Tesla Roadster looked great... But still, 3 big problems with electric sports cars... No, 4...

1. Heavy... Compared to what you can have with a petrol car...
    2. All automatic, no stick shift...
    3. No (proper) sound...
    4. Souless...
  6. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Oh jeez it's electric to top it off,bleah! I'm not interested in electric vehicles what so ever no matter what it is!. As far as i'm concerned AMERICAN PUSHROD V8'S ALL THE WAY!.
  7. Problem is, we don't have unlimited petrol. Future is electricity in everything.

I'm sure they're working on everything you said William.

- They're always working on reducing weight/size of electrical systems

- I know that they're working on a manual gearbox for electric cars, they just had some issues at first

- Sound can be solved, you can already make a V4 sound somewhat like V8 f.e. with certain systems, but that's not even the main purpose, sound is a safety issue as well as if pedestrians can't hear the car coming it can lead to an accident.

- Soul: I think these 2 have souls, and I can't say that about all of today's cars. But I guess this is a subjective thing.
  8. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Another thing Peter, speaking in a more sensible note. If electric cars are going to be mass produced in the U.S, they have to stop using coal to power their electricity. Basically they are using something bad to try to make something good and it just does not make any sense. My apologies for the childish remarks.
  9. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I have seen the real i8 concept car at the IAA and it looks brilliant!
  10. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Yeh, here's our future with electric cars.

I'll never have a electric car.
  11. I want to die and born 70 years ago, to not experience such a cars in my life... I cant like it :(
  12. They look pretty good to me as well.

They run on batteries? Shame. Electric cars have no future, utterly useless, except for hypocritical celebrities, as the video above almost seriously demonstrates.
    I don't know an alternative to hydrogen fuel cells.

Sounds can always be played over :D. If nothing else, to warn other people of a cars presence. Sounds silly, but with time, I guess people would get used to it.
  13. Hopefully when I die we'll still have real cars...
  14. I'm sure you'll have them, the question is will you be able to afford to drive it :tongue:
  15. for sure, oil resources are available for next 100 years... at least, they always found new and new resources :p
  16. Hopefully ! XD
  17. If you run out of fuel km-s from a petrol station what do you do?:) People need to plan + batteries need to improve (and I'm sure they will).