• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

The Future Of Canadian GP In Doubt

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Jun 5, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

Ratings:
    +901
    View the Post on the Blog

2. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,267
    I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him cheese whiz I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him

• Like Like x 2
  3. cfhu223

cfhu223

Ratings:
    +1
    Would be a shame lose this venue...

4. AC Lover

AC Lover

Ratings:
    +9
    I really like Montreal, in games or in real racing

Hope it stays

5. mystaaRS

mystaaRS
    If you get a Quali Place, you can get a Race Pace

Ratings:
    +2,875
    It would be a shame to use many current venues, especially if they are to be replaced with more Asian or other venues. Personally I think we need more European Venues past and present.

6. Salut Gilles

Salut Gilles

Ratings:
    +255
    In doubt? Granted, it's not a done deal yet, but negociations with Ottawa (Tories) aren't over yet. Harper wants more votes from Quebec, not less. On the other hand, Bernie owns the track. Why wouldn't he invest in his own business?

7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,002
    Bernie says "build", they do it and save the GP for a season or two, then Bernie dumps them in favour of a Russian or Mexican GP.

I love this circuit, and it's only recently come back into the calender after being dropped once before.

The same could be said for Melbourne, which always seems to be under threat too.

Dumping classic tracks in favour of brand new circuits with an excess of run-off areas making them less challenging.

8. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,670
    Hope they get rid of it. Too much corner cutting on f1 2012 lol
    Seriously though, apart from turn 15, the rest is rather dull - especially with drs.

9. Dux

Dux

Ratings:
    +602
    Canadian GP one of my favorite... it would be a shame

10. Justin Webley

Justin Webley

Ratings:
    +123
    How quick people are to forget the best F1 race of the last decade!

Jenson comming from the back of the field to beat Vettle, in the wet was one of the best races I have ever seen and I've been watching since 1978. This track is far better than any of the Tilke designs, get rid of them first.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gerardo Abal

Gerardo Abal

Ratings:
    +2
    I personally love this track, it's like Monaco on steroids!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,670
    i remember it more for hamilton getting smashed by button :-(

it's each to his/her own really isn't it? I bet it's great to drive but then again, it doesn't compare to a real high speed monster like spa which has everything.

13. Tony Holder

Tony Holder

Ratings:
    +540
    True

• Like Like x 1