The FIA and Bahrain - Analysis & Commentary

How the FIA broke their own governing principles and squandered their neutrality regarding sport and politics.
http://igpmanager.com/news-article/20/the-fia-and-bahrain-an-analysis--commentary

Hey guys I posted up a blog article last Friday for the iGP website. It was one of my first paid articles but unfortunately I can't post it on the news section here so I figured I would put it on the forums in order to get some feedback.

I have an academic background in political science and philosophy (I am only at the grad student level so I am no expert) so I figured I would try my best to analyze the situation from that perspective while at the same time staying in line with the blog format. I quite a lot of research (or as much as a few days allows me) and dug into the FIA Statutes, The Good Governance Principles of 2001 ( which the FIA follows), The Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry, etc.

The article doesn't argue for a political standpoint or try to make claims on who is wrong and who is right in that regard. It does argue against the FIA's decision to break it's own rules and governing principles regarding political neutrality. Keep in mind that when one describes neutrality that it refers to the idea of staying as neutral as possible given a set of choices. Pure neutrality is not possible due to the nature of human relations. We measure it on a continuum.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back