AC Modding Questions Thread

[REAR]
TYPE=AXLE
BASEY=-0.04 ; Distance of CG from the center of the wheel in meters. Rear Wheel Radius+BASEY=Rear CoG Actual CG height =(FWR+FBasey)+(RWR+Rbasey))/CG_LOCATION%
TRACK=1.301
ROD_LENGTH=0.03
HUB_MASS=100
WBCAR_TOP_FRONT=0.410, 0.136, 0.1
WBCAR_TOP_REAR=0.410, 0.136, -0.1
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.480, -0.13, 0.1
WBCAR_BOTTOM_REAR=0.480, -0.13, -0.1
WBTYRE_TOP=0.10, 0.156, 0
WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.05, -0.122, 0
WBCAR_STEER=0.480, -0.13, 0.200
WBTYRE_STEER=0.05, -0.122, 0.2
TOE_OUT=-0.00005
STATIC_CAMBER=-0.3
SPRING_RATE=2100000
PROGRESSIVE_SPRING_RATE=0
BUMP_STOP_RATE=70000
BUMPSTOP_UP=0.1
BUMPSTOP_DN=0.04
PACKER_RANGE=0.11
DAMP_BUMP=1400
DAMP_FAST_BUMP=0
DAMP_FAST_BUMPTHRESHOLD=0.028
DAMP_REBOUND=3500
DAMP_FAST_REBOUND=0
DAMP_FAST_REBOUNDTHRESHOLD=0.040

[AXLE]
LINK_COUNT=2
ATTACH_REL_POS=0.6298
LEAF_SPRING_LAT_K=3000000000
J0_CAR=0.355, -0.04, 0.42 ; front half of leaf since rear floats
J0_AXLE=0.355, -0.0, 0.0
J1_CAR=-0.355,-0.04,0.42 ; other leaf
J1_AXLE=-0.355, -0.0, 0.0
[GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]
WHEEL_LF=0.0 ;Left front graphical offset of the wheel positioning in the x axis (width). + is left - is right movement
SUSP_LF=0.0 ;Left front graphical offset of the suspension positioning in the x axis (width). + is left - is right movement
WHEEL_RF=0.0 ; Right front as above
SUSP_RF=0.0 ; Right front as above
WHEEL_LR=0.0 ; Left rear as above
SUSP_LR=0.0 ; Left rear as above
WHEEL_RR=0.0 ; Right rear as above
SUSP_RR=0.0 ; Right rear as above

The car is jumping around like crazy, what do I have to change to stop violent bouncing?
Sth. with the Antirollbars?

I want to do a sequential transmission.
[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=60 ; change up time in milliseconds
CHANGE_DN_TIME=60 ; change down time in milliseconds
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=60 ; Auto cutoff time for upshifts in milliseconds, 0 to disable

This is what I came up with. The CHANGE_UP/DOWN_TIME and the Cutoff Time are made up, my question is, are the values, which are all the same, right? Or is it right that all the values are the same?

[GEARBOX]
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=60 ; Auto cutoff time for upshifts in milliseconds, 0 to disable

This is what I came up with. The CHANGE_UP/DOWN_TIME and the Cutoff Time are made up, my question is, are the values, which are all the same, right? Or is it right that all the values are the same?
really depends on the gearbox and ECU. There's cutoff systems that use minuscule calculated cutoff windows and then there's systems that just use sensors that register the motion of the shifter and cut spark when it is jerked backwards.

You need to try around until it matches the behaviour of the car you make. Also make sure to keep the ai.ini similar, if the settings mismatch the AI may end up unable to shift

[GEARBOX]

What @AccAkut said, and also for reference, pneumatic Indycar shifts take only 20 ms or so, but depending on the car, it usually takes 50 ms for the torque to be applied again by the engine.

How could I make distant background look like this ? There are two hills, first one smaller 2km away, and the big one 4km away.
goodwood-race-klassiek-klein.jpeg

At the moment I have just used areal screen from GE, and elevated the mesh edge, but I can already see that it will not happen, it is loosing saturation, colour... Maybe it is just limitation of AC graphics ?
vOTnC6V.jpg

Those hills adds a lot of looks IRL. I wish I could add them somehow.

How could I make distant background look like this ? There are two hills, first one smaller 2km away, and the big one 4km away.
goodwood-race-klassiek-klein.jpeg

At the moment I have just used areal screen from GE, and elevated the mesh edge, but I can already see that it will not happen, it is loosing saturation, colour... Maybe it is just limitation of AC graphics ?
vOTnC6V.jpg

Those hills adds a lot of looks IRL. I wish I could add them somehow.
Get rid of the fog in whatever weather you're using and you'll be able to see it.

@mclarenf1papa Yes it looks foggy in the distance, but the weather is clear, also if you drag far away from objects ksEditor objects also gets "foggy". I thought that it might be problems with mip maps, but I have sved dds with just two, and it didn't make difference for this foggy effect.

@mclarenf1papa Yes it looks foggy in the distance, but the weather is clear, also if you drag far away from objects ksEditor objects also gets "foggy". I thought that it might be problems with mip maps, but I have sved dds with just two, and it didn't make difference for this foggy effect.
It's because of the fog in the weather :D
Go to your weather preset in assettocorsa/content/weather and you'll find the weather.ini. Replace the fog lines with this:
Code:
[FOG]
COLOR=2.25,3.0,4.28
BLEND=0.8
DISTANCE=39000

Thanks, it worked :) But I had to put those lines, not into content/weather, but content/weather/specific weather. And it looks much better :)

Are those default values, which tou gave me, @mclarenf1papa ?
Yeah that's what I meant by "go into your weather preset." Sorry should have been clearer :)

And no they're not the default, the default has that bluish fog, those settings are just what I use in place of it.

I think you may have been clear enough, thats just me being dumb. :/

It is a bit sad if thats not default setting. I really don't understand that distant blueish fog, what is it for ? The worst part that it is bad for most tracks with nice scenaries. Thanks for making it clear for me (in all meanings lol)

I think you may have been clear enough, thats just me being dumb. :/

It is a bit sad if thats not default setting. I really don't understand that distant blueish fog, what is it for ? The worst part that it is bad for most tracks with nice scenaries. Thanks for making it clear for me (in all meanings lol)
Just a design decision I guess...you can see it sometimes in real life.

In the painting world it's known as atmospheric or aerial perspective and it's a common technique used to add depth to landscapes. It does occur IRL, mostly dependent on the moisture content of the air. A perfectly valid design decision, even if I usually prefer less of it than we often get in AC.

#artschoolstuff :unsure:

AC probably has it a little strong to reduce draw distance but yeah in RL the colour of the sky is basically just fog between you and things that are too far away (like space). so the farther stuff gets the closer it is to the colour of the sky.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back