F1 2013 The Demolition Derby game - Grosjean vs Maldonado

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Welcome to the Demolition Derby game. To celebrate the joining of the two drivers who've gained a reputation at Lotus for 2014, this tongue-in-cheek game will test your mettle, and the strength of your carbon fibre :roflmao:.

What you need
  • F1 2013 on any console or PC.
  • The 1980's classic content.
  • A way of taking and uploading screenshots (Imgur or Photobucket will do nicely).
  • A way of recording short videos (The free version Fraps will do on PC, or a video camera filming the screen if not).
How it works
There will be 7 different challenges set on the game. I will explain what you need to do for them all and the settings you need. Each challenge will have a certain aim to achieve at a certain track. You will score points depending on your results in each challenge.

What to do first
If you have all the stuff in the "What you need" section, you are almost there. Your control settings can be what ever you want. You can adjust the driving assists as much as you like, but penalties need to be on Corner Cutting Only, and damage simulation should be on Full.

Lastly, you need to choose a side: Romain Grosjean or Pastor Maldonado. You will use this driver for the whole time. It doesn't affect your performance if you choose a slower car, it's just for fun There will be an overall leaderboard, and a separate one for each driver.

F1_2013 2014-04-03 18-48-06-519.jpg

Improved by a few more tenths
EDITED
No further improvements :thumbsup: So it's 2:02.598 final. A lot closer then I was before :redface:

Last edited:
you should drive when enough AI was running out => more grip on the track and maybe you can catch some slipstream while being behind an AI car
jiFfM.jpg

I'm so stupid :D But I don't like driving with AI, because
1) They are s**t
2) I can't catch them on wet tyres
3) They will push their way past me, and I will lose time
So waiting for the track to get hotter isn't good for tyres either, they will wear out faster => loss of grip in the final sector (even more than usual, and I had so much wheelspin out of the last corner)
But I realise you are trying to help me, thank you :thumbsup:

I have an idea for the next round:
article-0-1CE2B56600000578-727_634x349.jpg

Go to Bahrain, load up clear skies, and take out Gutierez as comicly as possible
(just a suggestion)
Btw this round should get closed, it was open for 3 weeks now :D

I have an idea for the next round:
Go to Bahrain, load up clear skies, and take out Gutierez as comicly as possible
(just a suggestion)
Btw this round should get closed, it was open for 3 weeks now :D
Not planned and will not happen, as we've already had a comical take out round.

I will leave it open for 1 more day. I've been leaving it open because I only have 3 entries, including my own.

@Manolis Sigoulakis, can you send me a bigger picture, I cannot see your time. I'll post results soon, but onto the next round.

Free Crash
formula-1-crash.jpg

The premise is simple, load up any track that hasn't been used with your driver, and do what you want. There are 3 categories.​
  • Spectacular
  • Comical
  • Most
Spectacular just means the most spectacular accident that occurs at the start of the race at the first corner. I need screenshots or videos of the crashes. (See Round 1 - I came in like a Wrecking Ball!)
Comical means that a driver is taken out comically, this can be anyone, anywhere. I need screenshots or videos of the crashes. (See Round 3 - Austin Sutil Smash)
Most means the most drivers taken out in one lap. I need a screenshot of both sides of the results screen. (See Round 2 - Monac-OH MY GOD)

Send me the category, track and evidence in PM's please. 11 points maximum for each category. I will only accept one entry, not 3 of each, and you must decide which one to submit, not me.

Tracks allowed
Albert Park, Shanghai, Bahrain, Silverstone, Hungaroring, Monza, Singapore, Korea, Suzuka, India, Yas Marina, Interlagos, Jerez, Estoril, Imola

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back