• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Featured The Best Black Friday Deals for Sim Racers

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Furnace Inferno

Furnace Inferno

Ratings:
    +34
    Yeh with ASW but not 90fps, my 980Ti OC'd above a 1070 I have to run mostly low, even a 1080Ti can't run ultra. Not that it matters as my i7 3930k can't hit 90fps with some settings either hence a whole new build is in order.

2. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,089
    It was mostly price and performance driven, by looking up benchmarks, of the GPU and CPU. But the brand I got was said to have one of the best motherboards out there. iCyber something. They go up to 3000 but I didn't need that much for iracing or R3E.

4. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,089

5. Furnace Inferno

Furnace Inferno

Ratings:
    +34
    Oh you should be fine then, triples is less of a hit than VR as it's just more pixels whereas as VR is more pixels more so with high PPD and rendering twice which is what hits the CPU even harder.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,089
    Maybe I should get one of the blockchain computers for $5,500?

7. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +785
    Walking away from November with all R3E content and, due to Humble Bundle supporting doctors without frontiers (recipient of 90% of the amount), a reluctant purchase of DiRT Rally and all the bloatware that comes with it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BenCollins

BenCollins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +204
    I've bought two houses and it was a less complicated price structure than R3E. It puts me right off it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +144
    It has been raised before and if people are truly confused, I know I was at first and made a few costly mistakes. I will do my best to explain, however if you just don't like the price structure this isn't for you, as it is intended to help not get in a R3E fight.
    1. Buy individual cars with a single livery
    2. Buy an individual car with all liveries for that car
    3. Buy individual livery for a car owned
    4. Buy all cars and all liveries of a single group (GT3, P2, etc.)
    5. Buy an Experience get a bunch of cars and tracks ADAC, WTCC, etc)
    6. Buy a single track
    7. Buy a pack of tracks like US, European
    8. Buy vRP Virtual Race Points on https://www.raceroomstore.com/
    9. You can shop online with any computer and next time you are racing on Steam the game will update accordingly
    10. Purchase directly through game/Steam
    On future purchases there are discounts that take into consideration previous purchases of similar content, with the exception of 6.

Pay by Credit Card
    Pay with vPR

My suggestion is
    1. Utilize unlimited demo drive of cars prior to purchase
    2. Buy single car with a single livery, I find I stick with a 1 or 2 cars within a class and the livery I buy I never see from the drivers seat.
    3. Buy Track Packs
    4. Buy vPR for now and the future to get best value
    5. Pay with vPR to take advantage of inherent discount
    *When you race you see all cars and liveries that are associated with that class regardless of owned or not.

Now if someone can help me how to get Teamspeak and be able to participate in the casual online club events here at RD would be greatly appreciated. I am having no luck with the initial instruction of 'downloading' TS.racedepartment.com I go to the site and try logging in but get an error page that looks like a grocery list.

Edit: Teamspeak instructions updated to address download issue. Thanks RD

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1