1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That 3ds max track tutorial, where is it?

Discussion in 'Racer' started by smr597, Feb 27, 2011.

1. I know there was this old race/road track tutorial in .pdf format, a few or more years ago in rscnet.
    There was a link for it in the old racer forum, but cant find it anywhere...
    It covered roads from splines (loft, path & shape) and low poly terrain surrounding it.
    It's not that hard to do all that, i can do the roads, but i just cant remember how was the terrain done.

So i was trying to find that tutorial for like an hour now in google and forums, i just cant find that one.

So basically I need to know the right and easy and fast way to do the road suroundings.
    Because i am modeling a test track for my own game project, and i might export it to racer aswell. Because racer is so awesome haha.
  2. KS95

RACER Moderator

3. just out of interest, is there a tutorial, that takes the track from max to racer..
  4. Damn i still don't get it how to add some small pieces of terrain/conenction roads, any tips?
    The bridge or the gap tool doesnt work between edges, it only works with borders :/
  5. How do you mean small pieces ?
    Theoretically, you split your terrain in Tracked, which then generates a bunch of binary dof files.
    Surely, you could do all by hand, prior of exporting as an ase file & then convert them one by one in Tracked/Modeler...

It takes time to understand & implement new tracks, make sure you read the racer.nl before you attempt to export, so you know exactly what Racer wants/needs.

Also, an important thing, merge all vertices of the terrain pieces (road, terrain, etc...) to avoid little white points flickering....doesn't look good !