That 3ds max track tutorial, where is it?

I know there was this old race/road track tutorial in .pdf format, a few or more years ago in rscnet.
There was a link for it in the old racer forum, but cant find it anywhere...
It covered roads from splines (loft, path & shape) and low poly terrain surrounding it.
It's not that hard to do all that, i can do the roads, but i just cant remember how was the terrain done.

So i was trying to find that tutorial for like an hour now in google and forums, i just cant find that one.

So basically I need to know the right and easy and fast way to do the road suroundings.
Because i am modeling a test track for my own game project, and i might export it to racer aswell. Because racer is so awesome haha.

Damn i still don't get it how to add some small pieces of terrain/conenction roads, any tips?
The bridge or the gap tool doesnt work between edges, it only works with borders :/

Damn i still don't get it how to add some small pieces of terrain/connection roads, any tips?
The bridge or the gap tool doesn't work between edges, it only works with borders :/

How do you mean small pieces ?
Theoretically, you split your terrain in Tracked, which then generates a bunch of binary dof files.
Surely, you could do all by hand, prior of exporting as an ase file & then convert them one by one in Tracked/Modeler...

It takes time to understand & implement new tracks, make sure you read the racer.nl before you attempt to export, so you know exactly what Racer wants/needs.

Also, an important thing, merge all vertices of the terrain pieces (road, terrain, etc...) to avoid little white points flickering....doesn't look good !

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 95 18.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 138 26.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 51 9.9%
  • €3001-5000