1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

That 3ds max track tutorial, where is it?

Discussion in 'Racer' started by smr597, Feb 27, 2011.

1. smr597

smr597

Ratings:
    +14
    I know there was this old race/road track tutorial in .pdf format, a few or more years ago in rscnet.
    There was a link for it in the old racer forum, but cant find it anywhere...
    It covered roads from splines (loft, path & shape) and low poly terrain surrounding it.
    It's not that hard to do all that, i can do the roads, but i just cant remember how was the terrain done.

So i was trying to find that tutorial for like an hour now in google and forums, i just cant find that one.

So basically I need to know the right and easy and fast way to do the road suroundings.
    Because i am modeling a test track for my own game project, and i might export it to racer aswell. Because racer is so awesome haha.

2. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
  3. ammods

ammods

Ratings:
    +5
    just out of interest, is there a tutorial, that takes the track from max to racer..

4. smr597

smr597

Ratings:
    +14
  5. smr597

smr597

Ratings:
    +14
    Damn i still don't get it how to add some small pieces of terrain/conenction roads, any tips?
    The bridge or the gap tool doesnt work between edges, it only works with borders :/

6. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax

Ratings:
    +71
    How do you mean small pieces ?
    Theoretically, you split your terrain in Tracked, which then generates a bunch of binary dof files.
    Surely, you could do all by hand, prior of exporting as an ase file & then convert them one by one in Tracked/Modeler...

It takes time to understand & implement new tracks, make sure you read the racer.nl before you attempt to export, so you know exactly what Racer wants/needs.

Also, an important thing, merge all vertices of the terrain pieces (road, terrain, etc...) to avoid little white points flickering....doesn't look good !