1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Thanksgiving for me in United States.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mohameddo-san, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

What are we giving thanks for in the U.S. on the second-to-last Thursday of November?

The holiday is based off of the myth (in my view) about how the Pilgrims sailed to the Plymouth Colony and they survived with the help of the Native Americans (American Indians), and, the Nativesand Pilgrims had a feast.

Well, the Pilgrims killed off the Natives after they took advantage of their trusts and stole their land.

That is what we give thanks for in the U.S.

Here's my Facebook status:

"If I am giving thanks tomorrow, it's only for one thing:

That I am glad I was born, raised, and live in the U.S.A. and I don't live in Iran, Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan where I would be persecuted for abandoning my Islamic faith.

While life may be simpler in the U.S. and pale in comparison to the quality-of-life of the rest of the developed world, the immense diversity and higher education will keep it strong."

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Sorry for yet another double post, but, please my fellow Americans, tell me what you give thanks for?

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Some parts of history seem to be quickly forgotten uh?

4. Unfortunately, that seems to be the case for a lot of national celebrations and holidays in any country. Human beings are notoriously myopic. :(

• Like Like x 3
  5. It´s pretty funny seeing people (not just in US) being thankful for what they already have.
    Then black friday comes and everyone turns into a survivor mentality and every mall is a war zone with people fighting over stuff that costs $5 less then usual.

• Like Like x 2