Thank you sooooo much iracing...

... Because of you I ended up buying the worst pile of crap EVER made...
Got an old ebay refund and had money on my paypal... As I had completly forgotten about I though " oh well, what the well, let's buy that Jetta, it can't be that bad"

I feel like I just wasted 12$ like I never did before...
This car is absolute crap!
How dear you make people pay for that???????????
I don't like FWD in the first place, but I think I have never seen worst simulation of FWD understeering ever before! And the braking! ohhhhhh the braking! I had a 97 mazda 626 that was breaking better than that!

And you wonder why nobody participated in Jetta seasons before! Damn, now I know why!
What an absolute waste of 12$.......

A car I will surely never touch again after doing 5 laps with it.... Thank you!

Kevin Ascher

#47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs
I've been driving a Golf Plus with the same engine (I think so, at least!) and it felt exactly as crappy as the Jetta :D
So it actually feels very realistic, but that does not make it fun either, though :D

I'd rather have bought a 6pack instead :(

I'm not annoyed by the fact I wasted 12$ as much as the fact I've been tricked into buy an extra car I would have never bought in the first place if it wasn't for the MX5.... Whether I just spent 50cts or 100$ is the same.

This is what I hate about iRacing. I don't have money to waste. I already don't go out at the weekends or anything like that as I have a family to feed and keep warm. So when I do have a little spare for myself I don't want to waste it.

Why they can't give you the chance to test b4 you buy I don't know. Just 30mins worth free b4 you commit to buying would be enough!!

Hmmm!!!

I'd been thinking of getting it as I like FWD and would like to take part in the Mixed class with the MX-5, but if it's that bad I wont bother.

Does anyone with Race On experience drive it and can compare it to say the S2000 cars?

Hmmm!!!

I'd been thinking of getting it as I like FWD and would like to take part in the Mixed class with the MX-5, but if it's that bad I wont bother.

Does anyone with Race On experience drive it and can compare it to say the S2000 cars?

Its completely different to an S2000 car, but its a lot of fun still. Handles pretty well and is great fun in a pack of cars.

@ Flavien Vidal

Stop driving it incorrectly, then it might actually brake and handle properly.

Test drives IMO would be a good idea. It might not be ideal for iRacing as Like George says, they may sell less.

Taking an example from something like TDU.... iRacing could allow you to have say a 10-15 minute test in the car (under your own offline TEST option) and once that test has expired the car is not available to you unless you purchase it.

I'm sure it would make iRacing more popular with the community that it at least gives them the chance to 'try before you buy'. I doubt it would have any effect on cars like the FW31, Lotus 79, Star Mazda etc. etc. a after 'testing' these, I'm sure folks would still buy them but then it may have influenced sales of things like the Jetta and Sprint Car.

Its completely different to an S2000 car, but its a lot of fun still. Handles pretty well and is great fun in a pack of cars.

@ Flavien Vidal

Stop driving it incorrectly, then it might actually brake and handle properly.

Thanks James. I'm very unsure as I can only afford one car. As it is I'll only be able to run in 3 weeks of this season in the D class as I don't have any other tracks :(. The rest of the time I'll have to spend racing in the Rookie events again. There's probably not much point trying to get my C licence, but I want to race my V8 Supercar. Not to mention that my shift hours have changed at work, so I can't race at RD anymore:bad:.

Not being funny Flavian but what the hell you buying a FWD car for anyway? Real men drive RWD, would never waste my money on a boring FWD car. Agree with others aswell though in that should be some form of being able to test the cars.

Would also like some form of trade in scheme as i hate the F1 and Star Mazda. Even if you could trade between freinds or something

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
Lee, think the reason was to participate in the Nvidia Cup Series.

iRacing should make it possible to race with multi car class even if you dont own all cars involved. All cars can be downloaded to our PC but the only ones we have purchased are unlocked and able to race while seeing the other cars not owned. Infact they might even have more sales due to this since you can see the other car but not able to race it.

I dont have $12 to spend yet but when I do I will have to buy the car just to take part in the series.

Also whats gonna happen if every Nvidia Cup race has MX-5s only. What does that show? Jetta is a flop?

Lee, think the reason was to participate in the Nvidia Cup Series.

iRacing should make it possible to race with multi car class even if you dont own all cars involved. All cars can be downloaded to our PC but the only ones we have purchased are unlocked and able to race while seeing the other cars not owned. Infact they might even have more sales due to this since you can see the other car but not able to race it.

I dont have $12 to spend yet but when I do I will have to buy the car just to take part in the series.

Also whats gonna happen if every Nvidia Cup race has MX-5s only. What does that show? Jetta is a flop?
Yeah i know mate, i was just joking with Flavian :D That's a good point you make aswell Abdul regarding still being able to race the series without actually purchasing the other car whatever it may be. They get alot right at iRacing but also there is some dodgy decisions sometimes but i spose that's why they are where they are right now, because of these sort of decisions. Good for buisness

I think that testing is a good idea however with the market cornering they have it most likely will not happen. I have a flight simulator called Rise of Flight that you have to buy the planes as well. However you can only fly the ones you own but you can see the planes you don't own. So it's possible but as I said why would they do that if they don't have to.

So... Less drunk and less madthan when I did this post last night :lol:
Still pissed at how bad the Jetta is nonetheless lol
But most of all, still pissed at iracing with their marketing policies and how they manage to make people buy cars that do not sell...

Oh yeah... and no h-shifter??????? Damn it sucks lolololol

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 133 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.0%