Test Drive Unlimited 2

Hi Joe

I beta tested this and gave up as they didn't listen to anyone testing

the controller has an unadjustable default steering deadzone that feels like about 20%
(Gamepad only???).

If they have still not fixed it in the final release it will be undrivable.

Physics where not even as convincing as TDU although it does look lovely
just got fed up of asking Atari to make the deadzone adjustable:mad:

Hopefully they have fixed the above and the physics.
or it's just an arcade driver.

Regards
Rick

Hi Rick, thanks for your comment, i assure you that all the comments from the beta were read and taken into careful consideration by eden, they have since improved many features in the final game. They have had many comments about the handling and it is not to some peoples taste, what you have to remember though is the beta is/was not a full game cut-off, rather a seperate thing (Beta was game version 0.26, i belive we are at Version 3.2 now) And the handling issues from early beta have been improved vastly, there is also a number of choices in-game for what control you use and it is optimised individually for each. As well as this if you do not like the handling, there is currently a small group of testers developing a 'hardcore' mode, which will be as close to simulation racing as it is possible, including all the tweaking!

Hope i've helped!
Joe

Thanks for everyone elses thought too!

Played the first one extensivley and it wasnt so much the racing that made it fun, it was just the drive anywhere that did it.

As far as the g25 goes, it was one of the better games for it as it made full use of the shifter and clutch, also automatically switched to paddle shift when driving cars that do have a paddle shift.

If the second one is anywhere near as good as the first, I will be buying it.

The BETA was amazing. Admittedly as Rick says the controls - even for the G25 weren't the best but they improved loads towards the end (version 0.23 ish - I missed out on 0.25). Have pre-ordered this already should be an incredible game :p.

A beta is often used to find bugs, so I am sure that all the constructive comments about the controller issues are taken into account.

Its also in Atari/EdenGames' interest that the product is good when it hits the shelves

Joe , is their built in aids that cant be turned off(to help controller users if the physics is that good) that cant be turned off for wheel users ?(as seen in other similar games).
I also tested earlier versions of the game beta and would have to agree with Rick, the wheel support in the beta testing was terrible. I realize that your main market is controller based, so is their a demo coming out for wheel users to test before committing to a purchase.
Bram from your post i would agree with you, but with a slight variation , Its in their best interest that their product suits the need of the majority(controller) of their customers rather that the minority(wheel) regardless of platform. Whether they have achieved good control for both remains to be seen.

Is this true

Car damage
Doesn’t affect performance
Repairs cost money
Scratches can lead to loose parts"

Why would i bother repairing my car if the performance isnt effected

Hi David, thanks for your response. That i know of, there are, in the base game a few aids that can be turned on/off, basic things, there are also 3 driver modes, normal, sport and hypersport, which affect the way the car handles as well, As for steering wheel support, don't fear, they will all be fully suported in the final version, remember the beta was no meant to be the final TDU2 version, just a test of specific aspects of it, and steering wheel support was not a main aspect in the early stages of testing. I also know there is a team of people working on a 'hardcore' mode in which you get close to a simulation game, with multiple on/off option, whether that is in from the start or in as a later DLC i cannot say. The game is aimed at all controller platforms that were considered playable in this unique game.

Hope i've helped, Joe

I mean the aids that arent able to be turned off, built into the engine to help with controller inputs.

A demo will be the deciding factor for me though.

Appreciate the questions you have given answers on though.

I'm afraid i'm still not too sure what you mean, i'm by no means an expert on that side of things though! As far as i'm aware, there are no plans to release a demo, we are less that 1 month away from release now anyway. like i say there is a mode on the way where all driving options can be on/off'ed and they all affect the way the car drives. Sorry i am not of much help! :)

Joe

i.e. Mclaren MP4-12, Aston Martin One-77, Gumpert Apollo etc. are only available when you join a club and the club buys the car, and even then you yourself cannot own it, and is only drivable through the club.

why not ?:frown:

How democratic of you, you can't just dismiss something you haven't played?! You wouldn't have read it if you wern't curious!
@adam, I believe it is to offer more bonuses' for the social aspects of TDU2, but i agree, i'd like to see them for all players! :) DLC?

Joe

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.7%