Terragen

Terragen - a desert track

Terragen is a scratchmade desert track with some vegetation areas. See image.

terragen-beta.jpg

This is the first BETA release. Terrain must be smoothed, roads must be made,
models must be added, but it works fine as is and is lots of fun.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

loading.jpg

This is the second BETA release. Small improvements.

Get Second BETA release here: http://alge.anart.no/projects/racer/releases/Terragen-beta2-281110.7z

EDIT: If you are using the latest Racer (0824) you must comment out mipmp=0 in
the track.shd for it to work. This is a Racer bug and not a track bug.

@KS95: Tried to PM you last night, but it was rejected.. maybe you have too much in your inbox?

Anyway, thanks to all for the thumbs-up. Really appreciated, especially since I did not intend to
release it in the first place.. so, don't think of it as a "release" but as "shared".. I like that better ;)

Thanks for the update, I was previously almost disappointed to find I couldn't enter the bunker section - that's fixed now :)
There's something oldschool about such a vast, mostly empty place made of visibly basic geometry, as it stirs your imagination and makes you come up with reasons to be there and simply enjoy driving and exploring. The pit position is a bit of a hit and miss, but I think that's a minor point really.

What are your plans with this, adding more landmarks to create a rallye style checkpoint playfield or do you want to leave it to the player to discover paths?

Thanks for the update, I was previously almost disappointed to find I couldn't enter the bunker section - that's fixed now :)

Glad you like :)

What are your plans with this, adding more landmarks to create a rallye style checkpoint playfield or do you want to leave it to the player to discover paths?

Yeah, am planning on making a really long rally track with different types of markers. Just not sure how to avoid those steep parts yet. Still, even with a designated track there will be plenty of terrain for just exploring.. and there will of course be lots of "easter eggs" as a bonus for those who dare "to boldly go where no man has gone before"..

What about your over projects (tracks)?

You mean other projects? On hold for a while. Needed to do something completely different.
They will be completed, at least Gizmos and Lime Creak, but I am not rushing anything.

FWIW, I did not intend to release this track, it was primarily a test for some ideas I was
trying out, but since it is turning out to be quite fun I thought it a good idea to share.

PS: It takes a while to generate the cache file.. so be patient. If Racer fails at creating
it, try loading the track with tracked first, then exit without saving. A cache file should
then have been generated in your Terragen\cache folder.

Oops.. not really a "bug", but rather a neglect on my behalf.. forgot to move the palmtrees
and add the goals.. heh.. will fix.

Attachments

• screenshot002.jpg
    screenshot002.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 340

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back