Temporary Fix for Stuttering Problem

I think actually there are 3 problems that can cause stuttering:
  1. Some wheels with old drivers can't manage the high data rate of rF2. Change Skip Updates in the controller.ini file
  2. nVidia specific problem: set Maximum pre-rendered frame to something < 3
  3. rF2 specific problem: change Flush Previous Frame to "1" in the .plr file
About the 2nd problem/fix I've tried with 0 but I had some loss of frame rate. With 1 or 2 no stuttering and no loss of frame rate.

In rFactor1 my FSP run between 250 - 350. In Race07 EVO they run between 150 - 200. NOW in rFactor2 it hovers between 30 - 40. Cars are Bombing all the time. You'll be racing along and the pack will disappear for 1 - 5 seconds.... making it impossible to drive close!!!

My ISP bandwith show 2 mbits UP and 20 Mbits DOWN........ 1 Mb = 1024 Kb right? and they asking for Kbits (Kb) not KBytes (KB)

Found this in the Mutiplayer.ini file... settings originally 2/64/64..... now 6/2048/20480

Net Connection Type="6" // 0=28k, 1=56k, 2=ISDN, 3=128kbps cable/dsl 4=256kbps cable/dsl, 5=LAN, 6=custom
Upstream Rated KBPS="2048" // Rated uploading speed of connection, in kilobits per second
Downstream Rated KBPS="20480" // Rated downloading speed of connection, in kilobits per second

.This didnt help any.... still @ 35 FSP which is HORRIBLE !!!

HELP, is there anything else I can do ???

KP (aka The Turtle)

System = Asus P5P43TD MB, Intel 3.1 dual-core Proc, 8 Gb DDR3 1333 Mem, Nvida 260 Vid card.
p.s. tried the above post and nada diff!

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

My ISP bandwith show 2 mbits UP and 20 Mbits DOWN........ 1 Mb = 1024 Kb right? and they asking for Kbits (Kb) not KBytes (KB)

In byte yes, bits no.

If I understood the theory behind this right, if you have 20mbits down, divide 20 with 8, and you have your actually MB/S :)
Not sure if that is going to help though, jsut felt like sharing my thoughts on this, and maybe be corrected as well :)

The game code needs quite a bit of optimising yet, My 6970 card is only peaking at 72% GPU occupancy and the CPU is less, so there is quite a bit of room for this to improve ;) Its a Beta tho guys, this is what its all about :)

I think actually there are 3 problems that can cause stuttering:
  1. Some wheels with old drivers can't manage the high data rate of rF2. Change Skip Updates in the controller.ini file
  2. nVidia specific problem: set Maximum pre-rendered frame to something < 3
  3. rF2 specific problem: change Flush Previous Frame to "1" in the .plr file
About the 2nd problem/fix I've tried with 0 but I had some loss of frame rate. With 1 or 2 no stuttering and no loss of frame rate.

How do you change this nVidia problem? I have changed the Flush Previous Frame file, and downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card. This seemed to work initially for the first race, but then 'slow motion' returned and it makes the game unplayable...

Ok, I have worked out what you ment now, The only thing im unsure of is the Skip updates in the controller settings. I have changed it for 0 to 1?

I have done all of these, including installing latest graphics driver and initially the stuttering seems to happen for a short duration, only for half a second if that compared to the 5 - 6 seconds of stuttering I had before. Are alot of people having this issue?

Jimi afaik, there are 2 different kind of stuttering: one is constant, the other happens only on some parts of the track. The "Maximum pre-rendered frame" fix only works for the constant stuttering. Can you describe better your stuttering?
About the Skip Updates try also 2 and 3 values but that problem only apply to very few wheels which is your?

I was experiancing the stutter which happens on the same part of the track, but it seems to have stopped now through a combination of the above and also a windows 7 update. Dont know if that helped or was just coincidence. Thanks for the help :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back