Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 22 12.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey Mate,

Your tool does display their names if the are broadcasting their ID, for steam users it will pull whatever nickname you have set for the player on your own client.

I'm curious if you could add a feature, for the race timing window, would you be able to enable the driver name pop up on the main data as well as the telemetry data option?
Can you elaborate this bit more? Do you mean, like you could see the other drivers live telemetry?

Also, would it be possible to allow that timing window as it shows in the telemetry tool to be broadcast via HTTP? I would like to be able to provide a sort of driver tracker for the league races which I help run.

I understand if that isn't a feasable request.
There is the HTTP server already included, which can be used to share e.g. the track map and some other information. Check the help file and the files in the html_root directory on the install directory to see, what data is already available. There is even an example using ajax to pull the data periodically from the Tool. When you have gone through the help and other materials and if you have more questions, let me know.

EDIT: I also forgot one thing: In the driving window, you have events pop up. Is it possible to have a seperate window for the events? It would be nice to have a running log I could look at.
You can now have the driving window to show multiple events, if you enable the 'Many events' checkbox on the top right of the sidebar.

Cheers.

How do I go to the telemetry tools install directory. I’ve attempted bash runMac.sh as well as trying to run it but it shows up as a text document.
So here I am assuming, you downloaded the package to Downloads and then unzipped it there, i.e. you have 'Telemetry_v12.0_with_JRE' directory in your Downloads folder. And then you unzipped the mac.zip in the 'Telemetry_v12.0_with_JRE/bin' folder. If you downloaded to some other place, you have to replace in the text below the 'Downloads' to the directory name, where you unzipped the Tool install package.

Now open Terminal.

Type the following in Terminal the following commands:
cd Downloads
cd Telemetry_v12.0_with_JRE
bash runMac.sh

The Tool should now start.

If you get error "bash: runMac.sh: no such file or directory", it means your Telemetry Tool is not in the 'Downloads/Telemetry_v12.0_with_JRE' directory, but somewhere else.

If you get error about "bin/mac/bin/java: No such file or directory", then you have now unzipped the mac.zip to correct directory.

Cheers.

So here I am assuming, you downloaded the package to Downloads and then unzipped it there, i.e. you have 'Telemetry_v12.0_with_JRE' directory in your Downloads folder. And then you unzipped the mac.zip in the 'Telemetry_v12.0_with_JRE/bin' folder. If you downloaded to some other place, you have to replace in the text below the 'Downloads' to the directory name, where you unzipped the Tool install package.

Now open Terminal.

cd Downloads
bash runMac.sh

If you get error "bash: runMac.sh: no such file or directory", it means your Telemetry Tool is not in the 'Downloads/Telemetry_v12.0_with_JRE' directory, but somewhere else.

If you get error about "bin/mac/bin/java: No such file or directory", then you have now unzipped the mac.zip to correct directory.

Cheers.
My file doesn’t list with JRE it just says Telemetry_V12

Now open Terminal.

cd Downloads
bash runMac.sh

Cheers.
Ok I replaced “Telemetry_V12_with_JRE” in your instructions with “Telemetry_V12” and it booted right up! Thanks so much!

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for F1 22 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for F1 22

Just noticed, that the package is missing the track map for Miami.

The map will be included on the next release.

Before it is out, you can download the Miami track map from https://telemetrytool.com/addons/

Just unzip the map pack to the directory, where you have Telemetry.jar (i.e. the install directory). It should automatically put files to the 'tracks\f1' directory.

Cheers.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can you elaborate this bit more? Do you mean, like you could see the other drivers live telemetry?
The default race timing window shows driver number, if you enable the telemetry option, then their name will show up underneath on the live telemetry data.

My question was to enable the driver name to show on the default race timing screen.

So it would be next to driver number, rather than on a separate section.

There is the HTTP server already included, which can be used to share e.g. the track map and some other information. Check the help file and the files in the html_root directory on the install directory to see, what data is already available. There is even an example using ajax to pull the data periodically from the Tool. When you have gone through the help and other materials and if you have more questions, let me know.

I know of the HTTP server built in, but the timing window is not a feature of the included set. What I was asking was to be able to display the timing window as it is displayed in the app itself, but instead via a webpage so that others can access it.

You can now have the driving window to show multiple events, if you enable the 'Many events' checkbox on the top right of the sidebar.
I'm aware of this, however my question was to have the events show up in a seperate window as the events currently draw on top of everything in else in that window.

I would like to be able to read the events like a log, rather than have the text displayed over other data.

I did not want to do new release for just few tracks, so there are updated trackmaps for the Buenos Aires No6 at https://telemetrytool.com/addons/
There is .zip with the new trackmaps for F1 22 Miami and for the both Buenos Aires No6 tracks. Renamed the 'No 6' to 'No 6S' and the new 'No 6' as 'No 6T'.

Just download and unzip to the Telemetry Tool install directory.

Happy driving ...

I've never tryed this kind of tool before, and the fact its not reporting data from my game, more than likely means its a connection/port problem?
Yes, if there is no data e.g. coming to the Map view, i.e. the car(s) are not moving there and the Tool did not change track to the one in game, then there is a connection/setting issue; either from the game or the Tool is e.g. in wrong game mode.

Cheers.

So, got a small issue with Driving TAB and ERS display.
The ERS % works just fine for the driver that the telemetry comes from;
But anyone elses ERS is at 0 constant. This was checked with friends, where their Telemetry was set to Public.

So, got a small issue with Driving TAB and ERS display.
The ERS % works just fine for the driver that the telemetry comes from;
But anyone elses ERS is at 0 constant. This was checked with friends, where their Telemetry was set to Public.
So Basically; We have found out that only few players on the lobby get the "0" ERS in telemetry, even with their Telemetry being public.

Yes, if there is no data e.g. coming to the Map view, i.e. the car(s) are not moving there and the Tool did not change track to the one in game, then there is a connection/setting issue; either from the game or the Tool is e.g. in wrong game mode.

Cheers.
My best bet would probably be checking ports for my modem then yea? or something else.

So Basically; We have found out that only few players on the lobby get the "0" ERS in telemetry, even with their Telemetry being public.
Interesting, do I understand correctly, so some get "0", but some get the real values?

Are there any other values missing?

If possible, can you do a debug_feed for me for that? 5 lap race is sufficient, but if you do longer races, that is fine too. The debug_feed file Zips quite nicely.

Cheers.

My best bet would probably be checking ports for my modem then yea? or something else.
Hmm, here is how to get going:
1) Install the Telemetry Tool on your computer. If you are not sure if the install is ok, run the Feedtester (see the help for this.
2a) If you run the Game on the same computer as the Tool, F1 2022's basic settings are ok, you just need to enable the UDP Telemetry from the Game's Settings
2b) If you run the Game on e.g. XBox and Telemetry Tool on laptop, then you need to find out the Tool's IP address. The Tool provides the 'Tools -> Show my ip address', which will show the IP address, to which you need to send the data from the Game. Port can remain at 20777
3) Now the settings should be ok, so you can restart the game + the Telemetry Tool. If all went well, you should start receiving data to the Telemetry Too.

Cheers.

Hmm, here is how to get going:
1) Install the Telemetry Tool on your computer. If you are not sure if the install is ok, run the Feedtester (see the help for this.
2a) If you run the Game on the same computer as the Tool, F1 2022's basic settings are ok, you just need to enable the UDP Telemetry from the Game's Settings
2b) If you run the Game on e.g. XBox and Telemetry Tool on laptop, then you need to find out the Tool's IP address. The Tool provides the 'Tools -> Show my ip address', which will show the IP address, to which you need to send the data from the Game. Port can remain at 20777
3) Now the settings should be ok, so you can restart the game + the Telemetry Tool. If all went well, you should start receiving data to the Telemetry Too.

Cheers.
Oh I forgot about the UDP setting in the game... thats probably why lol

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for F1 22 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for F1 22

A new version 12.1 is out.

Notable changes/fixes:

F1 22
- Fixed issue, where Abu Dhabi lapdata was not saved
- Added Miami trackmap to the install package
- Fixed some IDs etc, which were not communicated earlier by EA

ACC
- Fixed issue, where car ids were not correctly detected in some very rare events
- Updated typical fast lap for some tracks based on the data in the global db

AMS2
- Added Buenos Aires No 6T track
- Renamed Buenos Aires No 6 to Buenos Aires No 6S...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi. Thanks for creating this awesome telemetry tool! Is there any way I can get my rival's time trial telemetry? I'm playing on PS5.
Hi,
First, the Tool should save the opponent laps (both on TT and other events), if you have enabled that in the Settings.

In TT the Ghost (i.e. Rival) must run full lap before the Telemetry is saved and can be used as blue lap in the Tool. This means, when you get assigned a new Ghost, it starts in the first sector, so the first lap is not a full lap, thus only after the second lap you get full data and the traces get saved. If you set the Blue lap to "Ghost" (you can also set in the Settings to make the Tool by default use Ghost in Time Trial), when the lap has been received fully, it will show on the Telemetry view.

There is one caveat, I have not tested the Tool with PS4/PS5, so I don't know, if there is something odd going, if the laps don't get saved.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 9.14.43 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 9.14.43 pm.png
    485.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 9.15.23 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 9.15.23 pm.png
    494.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 31.3%