Hi Everyone
I'm a student currently studying at Brighton University and the project I've decided to do is to compare a race simulator, which is RFactor 2, with the real life experience, but to do this I need telemetry from any vehicle going round any track, if you have any telemetry of a race, test, time trial etc, please could you send it to me so I can do this comparison.
All help is greatly appreciated
Kind Regards
Luke

You are looking at a test with a huge false variable which is the change of driver, because you are seeking for a telemetry made by a random driver whereas the driver on your simulator is not the same one the real life telemetry belongs too. If I did something like that on my course I would be shot as the difference of results could be down to having different drivers and not the simulator failing to replicate real life, for example you do not expect a random simmer to have the same skill as an experienced driver such as Lewis Hamilton thus you would expect the telemetry to differ even if the simulator replicates real life events accurately.

Also if you want to stretch for those higher marks you should look at other factors of the real life lap time such as, track temperatures, wind, weather, dryness of track etc; all of which can be manipulated on RFactor2.

Maybe you yourself could go on one of those track days where they record everything for you and give your telemetry at the end on a nice spreadsheet then hop onto a simulator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back