Technology (merged)

Video device error on startup

Hey guys,

I recently got fed up with a video device error,race 07 will close error when starting race07.
Since i use the most recent drivers for my videocard and i run a recently installed version of windows i dont know what could cause the problem.
My question is if someone here has experienced this problem before and knows a fix.

I hope someone is able to help me since im not able to play race07.

Kind regards,

Jordy

• Kyle Evers

Antec cases are good. I would recommend them. If you're looking for something cheap, try Rosewill.

Web Domain/Hosting help

Im looking for a cheap website host but one thats good. Not one.com because they arent that good.

I own a domain (well i payed for it but the other person seems to have taken over and wants me out of it).

So i am going to make a new domain but need somewhere descent to host it.

Who ever you chose, dont go with the same company that you bought the domain from. If their service goes, so does your website. Your better off going with a dedicated hosting company, as in, thats their primary business. They will offer alot better support (usually free) for any problems.

:)

Momo wheel turning noise

Does anyone elses wheel make a whining noise when you turn it? I'm expecting SOME noise, but this is ridiculous. Also, to those who own G25s, do they make this noise as well? I've seen a few videos of people using G25s and can't hear the wheel making any noise at all.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDKtLIiUgJo[/ame]

I would say that's pretty normal for your wheel. My G25 makes quite a bit of noise, even when there is no FFB and I'm just in windows. Obviously its louder when I'm ingame and racing (Jamie will testify :p) and all Logitech wheels do make some noise.

All wheels using cogs make that noise.
If you don't want that you should for a belt driven wheel.
Like:
Fanatec Porsche wheels (except Carrera)
Thrustmaster F430 and RGT (not 900 deg)

• Kyle Evers

The Momo Force is kind of loud. I understand what you're saying. But when I'm in-game and I have the speakers up, I don't even notice it at all. All I want to hear is the engine :D

• Theo Loonstra

Seq. Gear shifter.

Hey guys,

I am looking for a good seq. gear shift but all i can find over the web is H-shifters.
Does anyone know where I can get a good seq. shifter?

100th post \o/

I am still waiting on the moment somebody will release a WTCC replica or something. A large shifter mounted on the ground which you can use to hammer down the gears just like in real life :D

• Oli Bellamy

I just set my G25 to sequential mode while racing some cars, is good enough for me.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 409 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 279 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 122 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.5%
Back