• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Teamspeak help

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by eljueta, Apr 2, 2017.

1. eljueta

eljueta

Ratings:
    +51
    Hey everyone,

After my first club race which was really cool I realized I need some help with teamspeak. To keep it short:

1 - Overwolf theoretically provides an overlay so you can see who's speaking, I didn't see anything in Automobilista though. Is there any extra configuration needed?
    2 - Do you need to set in-game volume really low so you can hear other people speak or is there any feature to kind of automate this (like the game master volume going down whenever someone speaks)?

Thanks in advance!

2. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Premium

Ratings:
    +892
    There is no automated way of doing this unless you have a headset that supports it. Mine has both 3.5mm headphone jack but requires USB to power it with a seperate volume slider for game and chat audio.

If not and you are running windows 7 it is easy (still takes a little trail and error though)

Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar then click mixer
    [​IMG]

then adjust the slider for the game till is quieter.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. eljueta

eljueta

Ratings:
    +51
    Thanks! Hadn't thought of the sound mixer, I'll be sure to try that next time

4. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +956
    Tsnotifier can be used with AMS but it can also cause an FPS drop. This is due to the built in sweetfx and dynhud being overlays
    A 3rd seems to cause FPS issues for me. I only use on events i stream where lower FPS is not a problem as I'm not driving.

• Like Like x 1
  5. eljueta

eljueta

Ratings:
    +51
    Sorry to bump this up, but I have tried overwolf and tsoverlay with AC,AMS, and R3E and I cannot get anything to show up in-game. Can anyone give me a hand here?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

6. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +956
    The only one i have ever got to work is tsnotifier and i only use ams

• Like Like x 1
  7. eljueta

eljueta

Ratings:
    +51
    Seems it ain't easy :p

8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,627
    @Ross Garland can you help, I know you use an app in R3E races.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +899
    I gave up with Overwolf quite fast, instead I had some old screen laying around that I use now for Teamspeak.

There is an option in Windows that recognizes voiceprograms and automatically lowers game sound when it is on, you can find the option in the communication tab within your windows sound options. I am not 100% sure if it works for TS3 though, but I have TS3 over headset and game sound over my speakers, so it isn't an issue for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. eljueta

eljueta

Ratings:
    +51
    Thanks, it was only an issue in Automobilista because it doesn't have a master volume slider, with R3E i had no issue whatsoever. I guess I'll keep looking :p

11. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,243
    I use TSNotifier when I race. It has various options, but the only one I use is showing people's names when they speak, which it does very unobtrusively and with no fancy graphics. Setting it up is very easy and it works with all my sims plus other games with zero messing about. Much better than Overwolf and other stuff. :thumbsup:

TSNotifier Website

• Like Like x 2
  12. eljueta

eljueta

Ratings:
    +51
    I installed it yesterday but it didn'T work for me in Assetto Corsa. I'll try it in raceroom later today and see how it goes. I heard there could be some issues with the x64 version of Teamspeak, but it was an old post and it might be fixed already.

13. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,243
    @eljueta, I have the x64 version of TS myself, and I have it working in AC. Are you sure you have it enabled in gamesettings.ini? Remember that AC uses two different exes, one for the launcher (menus) and one for the actual game. I have it enabled for both, like so:

[AssettoCorsa.exe] <== The launcher
    game.enabled=1
    [acs.exe] <== The game
    game.enabled=1

• Like Like x 2
  14. eljueta

eljueta

Ratings:
    +51
    @Ross Garland , hum, might have to check if I have both .exes activated, Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Partisan

Partisan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    What is the name of TeamSpek server?

16. Andrew

Andrew
    I'm not lazy, I'm just very relaxed. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,740
  17. Partisan

Partisan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,625
    @Ross Garland Thanks for the TSNotifier tip! I gave up on Overwolf (couldn't make it work with R3E and also didn't really like it) and I've seen mentions that TSNotifier can cause performance issues, so I basically just ignored it. Big mistake! It seems to work beautifully (well, as far as I was able to test it right now) and is exactly what I was looking for. So next race, I might actually know who's talking apart from the few people that are easy to remember ;)

• Like Like x 1