Teamspeak help

Hey everyone,

After my first club race which was really cool I realized I need some help with teamspeak. To keep it short:

1 - Overwolf theoretically provides an overlay so you can see who's speaking, I didn't see anything in Automobilista though. Is there any extra configuration needed?
2 - Do you need to set in-game volume really low so you can hear other people speak or is there any feature to kind of automate this (like the game master volume going down whenever someone speaks)?

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone,

After my first club race which was really cool I realized I need some help with teamspeak. To keep it short:

1 - Overwolf theoretically provides an overlay so you can see who's speaking, I didn't see anything in Automobilista though. Is there any extra configuration needed?

As far as I can see Automobilista is not compatible with Overwolf. http://www.overwolf.com/supported-games/
There other option to see in game who is talking ect maybe @Nobkins might be able to help. I think it is TS Notifier or something like that.

2 - Do you need to set in-game volume really low so you can hear other people speak or is there any feature to kind of automate this (like the game master volume going down whenever someone speaks)?

Thanks in advance!

There is no automated way of doing this unless you have a headset that supports it. Mine has both 3.5mm headphone jack but requires USB to power it with a seperate volume slider for game and chat audio.

If not and you are running windows 7 it is easy (still takes a little trail and error though)

Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar then click mixer
volume1.png

then adjust the slider for the game till is quieter.

volume2.png

Tsnotifier can be used with AMS but it can also cause an FPS drop. This is due to the built in sweetfx and dynhud being overlays
A 3rd seems to cause FPS issues for me. I only use on events i stream where lower FPS is not a problem as I'm not driving.

Seems it ain't easy :p
I gave up with Overwolf quite fast, instead I had some old screen laying around that I use now for Teamspeak.

There is an option in Windows that recognizes voiceprograms and automatically lowers game sound when it is on, you can find the option in the communication tab within your windows sound options. I am not 100% sure if it works for TS3 though, but I have TS3 over headset and game sound over my speakers, so it isn't an issue for me.

I gave up with Overwolf quite fast, instead I had some old screen laying around that I use now for Teamspeak.

There is an option in Windows that recognizes voiceprograms and automatically lowers game sound when it is on, you can find the option in the communication tab within your windows sound options. I am not 100% sure if it works for TS3 though, but I have TS3 over headset and game sound over my speakers, so it isn't an issue for me.

Thanks, it was only an issue in Automobilista because it doesn't have a master volume slider, with R3E i had no issue whatsoever. I guess I'll keep looking :p

I use TSNotifier when I race. It has various options, but the only one I use is showing people's names when they speak, which it does very unobtrusively and with no fancy graphics. Setting it up is very easy and it works with all my sims plus other games with zero messing about. Much better than Overwolf and other stuff. :thumbsup:

TSNotifier Website

I use TSNotifier when I race. It has various options, but the only one I use is showing people's names when they speak, which it does very unobtrusively and with no fancy graphics. Setting it up is very easy and it works with all my sims plus other games with zero messing about. Much better than Overwolf and other stuff. :thumbsup:

TSNotifier Website

I installed it yesterday but it didn'T work for me in Assetto Corsa. I'll try it in raceroom later today and see how it goes. I heard there could be some issues with the x64 version of Teamspeak, but it was an old post and it might be fixed already.

I installed it yesterday but it didn'T work for me in Assetto Corsa. I'll try it in raceroom later today and see how it goes. I heard there could be some issues with the x64 version of Teamspeak, but it was an old post and it might be fixed already.

@eljueta, I have the x64 version of TS myself, and I have it working in AC. Are you sure you have it enabled in gamesettings.ini? Remember that AC uses two different exes, one for the launcher (menus) and one for the actual game. I have it enabled for both, like so:

[AssettoCorsa.exe] <== The launcher
game.enabled=1
[acs.exe] <== The game
game.enabled=1

@Ross Garland Thanks for the TSNotifier tip! I gave up on Overwolf (couldn't make it work with R3E and also didn't really like it) and I've seen mentions that TSNotifier can cause performance issues, so I basically just ignored it. Big mistake! It seems to work beautifully (well, as far as I was able to test it right now) and is exactly what I was looking for. So next race, I might actually know who's talking apart from the few people that are easy to remember ;)

Sorry to necro an old thread, but just expressing gratitude for helping me find TSNotifier...couldn't get Overwolf to work in older games like AMS for league races (I'm guessing it's only for DX11 games). TSNotifier works perfectly in both DX9 and DX11 and I see no performance issues; tried it so far in AMS, rFactor 2 and AC with no problems.

Furthermore, with a few simple lines of code in the config file, you can tweak the exact position, fonts, size, color, border (glow effects) and so on of the popups to your exact liking. Any font on your computer can be used, I downloaded quite a few free fonts from 1001fonts.com to try. Here's an example with my setup (the "log scroller" bit up top is removable, but that's where you see who entered/exited the TS room):
31790554377_30585f40d9_h.jpg

Has anyone gotten it to work in VR? I'm a triple screen user, but someone told me it doesn't work in VR.

Has anyone gotten it to work in VR? I'm a triple screen user, but someone told me it doesn't work in VR.
Nope, much to my dismay this excellent little app doesn't work in VR. No third-party overlays do so if you're an information junky you do lose a lot. But I'm not an information junky, and the extra awareness and pace VR grants me is more than worth not knowing what my tyre temps are. :p

Shame about TSNotifier though, I really miss that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back