Teams vote to abandon 2013 rule changes

Well, they need to be slowed down that much, to get a new start on the real dev. race I think. We will not see anything like 04 anymore anyway. The drivers complained on blackouts and to heavy g-forces.

Well, they need to be slowed down that much, to get a new start on the real dev. race I think. We will not see anything like 04 anymore anyway. The drivers complained on blackouts and to heavy g-forces.
I can understart the complains but isn't F1 ment to be the top of motorsport?

Making an engine weaker is something I would never support as the first thing I think about when I hear F1 is very powerful engines. Going to something less powerful wouldn't sound right to me atleast. Remember Ferrari at the very early stages of F1 were they put lot's of effort to have the most powerful engine compare to there opponents?

I think that if FIA wants to make F1 more envirorment friendly then they should change the fuel and not the engine. By giving teams no restrictions on developing more enviromental friendly fuel would be a good idea but I guess there is one big bad thing to allow teams to do so which I can't think of right now.

Of course you can have powerful engines, but then we need extremely little downforce. Which will make the cars very slow in the corners. And that's not interesting either.
With other words there is a need of balance but will still make F1 the most challenging 4 wheel, engine driven sport on earth.

I am sure this a question FIA have been trying to asnwer many times but this is the wrong way of doing it. I wouldn't find it wrong if FIA said that all F1 cars most have engines that burn a maximum of let's say 2.5L per lap in any track on the calender. With such type of limits teams would then at the same time be allowed to improve only the engine in turms of how much fuel per lap the engine uses but not improve the HP and Torgue.

I start to get the feeling that F1 is making to many big changes in so little time which makes it hard for evryone to follow the progress of this sport. Specially with the engine rule which I really wish FIA won't be able to apply. I belive that from 2009's big turning page for the F1 cars that FIA should make minor changes on things that can make big difference in the performance of this cars because it would affect the sport so dramatic. The view on champions from the begining of this sport up to like 2008-2009 (the years are just examples nothing more) would have a more prestige status for becoming champions compare to the future champions of this sport. That is something that I don't want the sport to lose because evry year drivers do face new challenges and the sport changes compare to last year or years before but becoming champion now and back at the old days should somehow have equal challenges both for the body and mind.

Its a bit of a tough call.
The FIA will still push though at least some of their proposed ideas in 2013, the teams must know that.
There's far too much politics in F1

As a vehicle engineering student I think the so called pinnacle and goal of development in motorsports has changed from pursuing technical advancements in speed to environmental concerns.
And it is not motorsports fault it is the world as it is today as we are now very eco friendly, which is why we don't see any concords ruling the skies today but small and fuel efficient turboprop airplanes as an example.
As a member of a motorsport community I can for sure say that the environmental demands we have today are far greater than they were 6-7 years ago and in order to keep our tracks running in the local county's and thus keep our sport alive we HAVE to become more eco friendly otherwise the sport will die.
So what I am trying to say is that this is the way the world flows today and you can't change the world sadly...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back